Chapter 25

DAY 3 - WEDNESDAY

And with Dorian's name in my lips, I woke up drenched in cold sweat the next morning only to find him calmly sitting on the edge of my bed. In his grey three-piece suit and a matching tie, Dorian looked angelic, smiling to his own delight.

"Good morning." He rewarded me with the warmest, kindest smirk.

Unable to determine whether I was still dreaming or was it really him sitting so close next to me, I had to rub my eyes several times to quickly regain consciousness. I held out from pinching myself just in case this was a dream and I wouldn't want to wake myself up. I had to seize the opportunity to be in his presence, no matter where I was - in the deepest sleep or my pathetic reality.

"How did you...?" I muttered bewildered, when his lips met mine in a tender embrace, before I could finish my sentence.

"Ian let me in." Dorian breathed into my mouth, drawing me in for another short kiss.

That is when I understood that he was real and I wasn't dreaming.

It took me some time to realise I was still wearing the clothes from last night and my mascara must have given me black panda eyes, but I didn't pay much attention to that. I could hardly believe he was really here.

"I'm sorry." I skirted his gaze and felt a sharp tear roll down my crimson cheek, "I'm so sorry for everything."

A tense exhalation escaped his lips as he backed out several inches to get a better glimpse of me. "I think we've started off on a wrong foot. Let's get back to the beginning." His lips drew half a smile which made me wince with an agonising arousal. "I'm Dorian King, your neighbour across the street."

Biting through a growing grin, I shook his extended hand. "Samantha Beales."

"Would you like to have breakfast with me, Miss Beales?" Dorian batted his eyes rather provocatively which didn't help the growing excitement between my thighs.

"I'd love to, Mr. King." I squealed, perhaps too enthusiastically.

His smile grew wider as he stood up from the bed and fixed his jacket, "Let me drive you to work later."

Resting my legs on the foot of my bed, I checked the clock at the far end of my room only to be surprisingly shocked to see it was already past nine. "Oh my god!" I jumped and started rummaging the room for clothes, "I'm late! I'm so late!"

Dorian walked up to me ever so calmly, and placed his hands on my shoulders. "You're allowed to be late, Samantha. I've taken care of that."

Of course, he did. I was yet to figure out the relationship Naomi and Dorian shared behind closed doors. They seemed too comfortable on a business basis and the fact that he kept arranging everything with my boss didn't help my anxiety and growing fear over jealousy.

"Take a shower and join me in the kitchen for breakfast." He planted a soft peck on my forehead and walked out of the room.

Lingering in his mesmerising scent, I swayed on my feet - bewitched to the deepest bone. Was it so wrong of me to think that Dorian was hiding his true emotions under a layer of well protected wall of a warmest smile? I couldn't help but think he was angry at me and I was yet to receive the punishment I deserved.

***

After a quick shower, I've changed into a clean grey pencil skirt and a white satin blouse. Tying my hair into a tight ponytail at the back of my head, I felt a small scar. It was a reminder of the time Daniel threatened me and I slipped in the bathroom, hitting my head to the point it needed stitching. Like a hero he is, Dorian took care of me from the very start without ever asking to step over my own boundaries. And this is how I repay him? By doubting him as well as myself?