chapter 14 - date

The following day, the two were preparing for their first show together

The following day, the two were preparing for their first show together. Hyerin was in the dressing room alone, munching on some gummy bears.

The staff were handling other things while Nova had other rehearsals, so Hyerin was on her own this time. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Huh? Come in." She answered.

"Hey."

"Oh, hey, Won." They greeted eachother with a warm smile. He closed the door behind him and sat down next to her. "JELLY!" He exclaimed as his eyes lit up.

"Here." Hyerin chuckled and handed him a gummy.

"I love gummies." He said as he popped it into his mouth. "Me too!" Hyerin giggled.

"How's your ankle?" He asked, looking at her ankle, which was wrapped in a bandage.

"Mmm, it's okay. It hurts to stand on it for too long, and I can't go anywhere without my crutches, so it's a little annoying." She sighed. 

"Do you think you can do the show today? It's okay if you can't; your health is more important."

"It's okay; I'm strong, you know?" She scoffed as she flexed her nonexistent biceps. He couldn't help but chuckle at her gesture.

"I'm stronger, though? Did you see how easily I lifted you up?" He smirked. "Maybe I'll get to do that again at our wedding."

"Aish what nonsense." She hit his arm softly, looking away to hide the blush forming on her cheeks. "You still owe me a date." "Right. What do you have in mind?" She looked at him with creased eyebrows.

"Our place, tomorrow, 7pm." He smiled.

"Hmm, I'll check my schedule and get back to you." She teased. She knew she didn't have any plans for tomorrow anyway.

"Wahh, you wouldn't make time for me?" He pouted. She simply giggled and shoved another gummy bear in his mouth.

Suddenly, a staff member entered and said, "Hyerin, Jungwon we're ready for you." They both nodded as Jungwon put Hyerin's arm around his shoulder to help her up. "Thank you." She smiled warmly.