| Author's Note |

Hello, there! I am back with a new fantasy-romance story, The Obsidian Rose. 

The first seeds for this story were planted in late 2020 and came partly into fruition during the Open Novella Contest 2021 with the following prompt:

#24 You ask the faerie to let you and your loved one, who happens to be royalty, be together "happily ever after." 500 years later, with neither of you having aged a day, you learn that, when it comes to magic contracts, wording matters.

In late 2020, I came up with an idea that was only images and the odd scene in my head. This helped to flesh it out, alongside some discarded scenes from one of my old fanfictions, Everything About Us.

I was originally participating in the contest, but university commitments got in the way alongside my awful use of time management. So this story has been pushed to the wayside for the last number of years—I cannot believe it has been so long. Nevertheless, the idea has always haunted me and I've always wanted to do it justice. I just never knew how.

I am currently in a writing workshop that is on Wattpad and Discord where this idea fits perfectly with the prompt. I hope that through this workshop I can make this idea—and, subsequently, my writing—the best it can be. I felt this discarded idea would be perfect for it.

I am looking forward to seeing where this story takes me and I hope you enjoy it!

(If you do enjoy a chapter, don't forget to press the vote button—that little star that should be on your screen. Also, leave a comment or two to let me know what you think.)