18. Best Friend

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Author

It was almost midnight when Aadhira heard the sound of the windows crackling in her sleep. She was in light slumber but was alarmed by the noises her windows were making.

She immediately put her hand under the second pillow and caught hold of her gun. She kept it in case of safety, or to fulfill the wish of her to kill someone out of fun.

"Gun neeche rkh de Sherni" She heard a deep voice that she loved the most. She did not open her eyes and stayed in her position knowing the person who was there, now sitting on her bed. Her lips curved into a genuine smile as the person held her hand.

"Phir se meri kamre ki khidki se aaya tu?" Darsh chuckled at it, "Tujhe meri kamre ki khidki se kuch pyaar h kya?"
She asked a bit annoyed.

"Mujhe usss khidki ke peeche rhene wali se pyaar h"

His words were enough to make Aadhira blush but she composed herself and Darsh shook his head at his Sherni.

"Tu maar khayega kisi din aise aane ke liye," Aadhira said in her sleepy voice holding onto the hand tight. As the words left her mouth she felt arms wrapped around her tightly, "Tujhse milne ke liye toh saari maar manzur h Sherni"

Darsh kissed the top of her forehead, as she snuggled more into his chest to feel his warmth and get relaxed in his arms. "Phir neend nhi aayi tujhe?" Aadhira asked almost half asleep with a smile never leaving her face.

She could feel Darsh shaking his head in no with his irresistibly cute pout, which he always used to persuade her. She just kept her head on his chest, she knew he felt peace when he did so.

"Kamra lock h na?" Darsh asked with worry lacing his tone to which Aadhira hummed knowing his worry. "Chinta mat krrr, kisi ko haath bhi nhi lagane dungi tujhe marna toh bahut door ki baat h. You are only mine to do that" Darsh smiled at his peace, his serenity in his arms. In her sleep also she is just the same, his protector.

"Where's Menka by the way?" Aadhira questioned him in her groggy voice, "Just where our plan wanted."Aadhira smiled listening to his response.

"I am letting you take a risk this time Sherni but dare you break your promise that after this you'll let me torture her to hell," Darsh said in his stern yet concerned voice and Aadhira just shook her head at his childishness.
"Fine, baba. Krrr lena"

"Chal ab so jaa, bahut thaka hoga Tu!" Aadhira lifted her hand to pat his hair, making sleep take over his eyes. "Ruchi me kuch kiya toh nhi na tujhe?" He asked with concern.

Aadhira shook her head making him let out a breath of relief," We will talk later Darsh" she replied making him nod at her. He ran his fingers down her hair, taking over all the reassurance he needed.

"Thanks for coming Mr.know it all, I really needed this" Aadhira mumbled before falling into a deep slumber in the comfort of Darsh's arms. He just placed another kiss on her forehead saying, "I know Sherni" as he too fell into a deep slumber with her in his embrace.

-×-

It was early morning when Dev Singh Rathore stood in front of his daughter's room, contemplating to knock. He hesitantly took his hand forward but immediately curled them up pulling them back into a fist by his side, looking away and muttering profanities.