𝟎𝟎𝟎. 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞²

( 𝗅𝗎𝗄𝖾 𝗁 , 𝖺𝗎𝗋𝗈𝗋𝖺 💘 )

𝗹𝘂𝗸𝗲 𝗵
YOU'RE NICO'S SISTER?

𝗹𝘂𝗸𝗲 𝗵
WHAT THE FUCK

𝕾he chokes on her berry juice, loud coughs immediately escaping her mouth as she places the phone aside and rubs lightly at her chest.

"Tch, such a baby", her mother goes to get up from the opposite side of the table but Aurora shakes her head signalling for her to settle down.

She coughs, "I'm fine".

Clearing her throat, she takes a large gulp of her juice and glances up to find Friede staring at her with a perked brow.

"What?".

"You've been busy on your phone all day".

Aurora frowns at the implication because all she's done is answer Luke's texts and she hasn't been that busy doing it.

It certainly wasn't an entire day of constantly texting him back and forth.

Her mother just exaggerates too much.

"You're too much, Mama", she scoffs and tucks her hair behind her ear, trying to distract herself from replying to his texts again.

"So it's work then?".

"Obviously".

"Guess it's going well. Because you always have that tiny smile on your face".

Her eyes almost go wide but instead she resorts to glaring, watching her mother quietly laugh to herself.

"It is work", she states stubbornly.

Friede grins, "I know".

Maybe letting her mother visit her for the summer wasn't the right idea. But then again, she could've just gone to Toronto herself, she just chose not to because she's finally settling in and finding some really good work in Newark.