0.5 | honeysuckle

'different is beautiful'

Things look beautiful only when looked at from a distance, as soon as we cross the morning mist in hopes of finding something new on the other side, the finding is always less than what we expect

humans are hard to please 

"Thank you for being a kind audience", the speaker spoke into the mic.

"Sure we were", Chavi scoffed in a low voice.

Vidhyabhavan High School had a yearly inspection every year, some days after the Inauguration, even though it was an honorable thing to serve and represent the House Council standing for two hours hours straight was another thing.

All the badge holders were appointed to organize the crowd. Chavi stood by the mass of students filling up the multi-purpose auditoriums making sure decorum was maintained.

The days after the Badge Ceremony are mostly filled with clicking pictures, meeting the Board Members of the School, and smiling for the newspaper stories.

"I need a break so bad", Chavi spoke to no one in particular since Devlina was in class enjoying school life.

August heat was in its prime and the sweat made the uniform stick to her skin and gave rise to her irritation, somehow settling herself on the chair in the playground just outside the auditorium she sighed in relief.

She sat there for some moments after catching her breath from sending all the junior students back to their classes. They had permission from the principal herself so she didn't bother going to attend the last lecture for the day.

She breathed in the summer breeze as the banyan tree below which she sat murmured their foreign tongue. Footsteps crunching the fallen tree leaves made her turn towards its source.

A huffing Jay took the seat beside her leaving a safe distance between them followed by another body,  she looked up to see who it was.

Obsidian orbs looked back at her until she had to shift her eyes to the light brown ones because of the intensity of the former.

"H-hi", a breathless response left her lips for some reason, she could feel the intense eyes still staring at her.

Jay gave his kind smile and passed a small 'hey' towards her as he caught his breath, but still no response from the tall figure with sharp crew-cut hair.

She willed herself to look back at those black pools again to realize he was staring at nothing with a glaze over his eyes so shifted her attention to Jay again.

Jay spoke to break the silence, "These kids, I am telling you. Apparently, two boys were fighting when one took an expensive pen from the other and threw it somewhere and that young guy complained to Ms.Rachna and she made me look through the seats", he vented out in one breath.

Jay was a calm guy but he had his moments when he seemed to lose patience, he put a hand on his waist massaging it after having to bend down to check below the auditorium seats.

"Thanks to this guy over here, buddy here really saved me", the former guy patted the latter back in appreciation.

That seemed to have caught Garvit's attention when he suddenly woke up from the reverie and shielded his thoughtful expression with a smirk and said, "Anytime mate".