2

*Daphne's pov*

Once we got our acai bowls, I obviously guided her to the table that was next to all of the hockey boys. I don't know maybe she can date one of them and we can get invited to all of the hockey parties. Just a thought.

"Where are you from? I know Martin Jones is from Canada but your tiny accent says otherwise." I laugh.

"I'm from Alabama."

"That's ironic considering your name is Georgia. Don't they have like a big rivalry?" I ask taking the lid off of my açaí bowl.

"My grandmother was from Georgia, and I guess my mom just wanted to name me after something that reminded her of her mom." She says taking the lid of her bowl off as well.

"Where are your parents from then?" I ask curiously.

"My dad is from Vancouver, Canada and my mom is from Birmingham, Alabama. My dad made the sacrifice to move to her hometown after he got her pregnant with me." She laughs slightly.

"So, I don't think you ever told me what your major was?" She asks taking another bite out of her acai bowl and changing the topic.

"It's boring." I laugh.

"What is it?" She pushes.

"Nursing." I shrug.

"You have to be crazy smart for that! Props to you." She says impressed.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?" I ask suddenly. I can tell it catches her off guard by the way her eyes widen.

"I had one for a couple months down at Tennessee, but it was nothing serious."

"Why'd you guys break up." I ask taking the last bite of my bowl as she is finishing up her's.

"Wanted different things I guess." She simply says.

"Which means?" I ask her to elaborate.

"I wanted someone to watch movies with when I was on my period, he wanted someone to fuck." I nod my head knowing what it's like from past experiences.

We sit in silence for a couple minutes as she takes the last bite out of her bowl. I watch Luke Hughes just a couple feet away coming over to sit with his friends. The only open seat is the one right behind Georgia. If I time it right they should meet.

"Here can you throw this out for me?" I ask frantically shoving my empty bowl towards her. She looks at me confused taking my bowl slowly.

"Yea, sure." She says slowly confusion in her voice.

I watch as she places my bowl over top of her's and begins to collect the used napkins as well, putting them in the bowls. It's like I'm watching the slowmo part in a movie. You just want the two main characters to meet already, but they haven't and it's agony.

I watch her stand up and I feel like I'm watching the sloth from zootopia. My eyes widen with excitement as I watch her turn around and immediately bump in with someone. Well not just someone him. He drops his salad that he just got, while she still has a hold of those empty bowls. She turns around, not even glancing at me, and sits down the trash she was going to go throw away. I watch as she looks back up and Luke is already staring down at her.

"Hi." He mumbles with a small smile on his face.

She obviously doesn't register his nice greeting because she is already mid panic. "I am so so sorry. I will go buy you another salad. I feel terrible."

He shakes his head almost instantly chuckling in amusement, "You don't have to. I got the salad for free. Plus, not even half of it fell on the floor, I can still eat it."

She lets out a deep breath in relief, "If I'm being honest I think I would have just left if you asked me to pay for you. I didn't bring my wallet with me."

He laughs, and it's not a fake laugh, it's a genuine laugh. "At least you told me the truth."

She sends him an awkward smile, before turning back and grabbing our trash. She doesn't even look back at him when she goes to throw it away. But he is still looking at her and it seems like she hasn't even given him a second thought. I shake my head in disappointment as she comes back her eyebrows pushed together oblivious to the fact that she has the campus golden boy wanting her.

"You ready to go?" She asks in a huff. I stand up right away in anger as I grab her arm and drag her out of the dining hall.

"Um, excuse me? What was that about?" She asks rudely.

"No, what was that about!" I shout pointing back to the dining hall.

"What was what about?"

I begin walking back to our dorm, "Ugh, you are so oblivious. Luke was obviously flirting with you and you didn't even flirt back! He wanted you, but you blew it!"

Her jaw drops, "Wait, was that Luke Hughes? The hockey player you were-" I cut her off.

"Yes!" I shout.

"Oh... yes he is very cute. But I don't think he was flirting with me." She says attempting to sound humble.

"You may not have saw it but I saw it." I state.

"Saw what?"

"Saw the way he was looking at you." Her cheeks flush a pretty pink color.

She scoffs trying to play off the fact that she was just blushing. "Listen, even if he was flirting with me. I'm not looking for a relationship right now."

My palm lands on my forehead as I shake it and she just looks at me confused.

"What?"

"When you have the campus golden boy going after you! You take that opportunity and run with it! I've seen Luke at parties before, and he has never, never, looked at a girl the way he just looked at you."

"I think you are reading too much into this." She laughs putting her head down.

"Maybe I am. Or maybe I'm not and you are just being oblivious."

"Or maybe you are just being delusional." She immediately comes back with.

"You are such a glass half empty type of person and I am not rocking with that." I turn my head refusing to look at her jokingly.

When we arrive back at our dorm, we both simultaneously head for the couch. When we sit down we both look at each other. "Want to watch a movie?" She asks, I nod my head agreeing.

"Disney movie?" She nods her head in agreement.

"Lemonade Mouth?" We say in sync. Our jaws drop at how similar we are.

"Being your roommate might just be easy. But being your party friend is going to be difficult." I tell her letting out a sarcastic laugh.

"Just turn on the movie." She says through her chuckling.