🔦 February Drop

Hey there, Wattpadders! ✨

We're excited to announce that this month's Premium Picks Spotlight is not your average show.

This new selection of 6 Wattpad Originals also includes a story that has made its way to the big screen! 🎥

As always, these titles also come with some special editorial reviews so you can learn more about the stories you love. And don't forget – the best part about Premium Picks is that these Originals are on the house with your Wattpad Premium or Premium+ subscriptions!

Don't worry, we won't have you wait for the reveal any longer! Grab your popcorn and get right into February's edition of the Premium Picks Spotlight. 🍿

Out of His League by @MustangSabby

- Reviewed by Suzanne Sutherland, Content Lead @ Wattpad

A 2019 Wattys award winner, Out of His League knocks it out of the park as a spicy sports romance that puts character first. Caroline Richardson is a seasoned Wattpadder known for crafting steamy contemporary romantic stories and is best known for this sweet read, which was also published by W by Wattpad Books in 2022.

Blending Love & Basketball with a splash of Bull Durham, this character-driven whirlwind will hook readers from the very start, when Gretchen, a Toronto sommelier, crosses paths with her baseball crush, Joshua Malvern, during a wild weekend in Vegas. Gretchen and Joshua's chemistry is off the charts, but their worlds are miles apart. He's dealing with a real curveball after getting sent down from the majors, and she's got her eyes on the prize with her own career. Can their steamy Vegas fling handle the pressure of real life?

Out of His League isn't just about the heat; it's about the sacrifices we make for love. As Gretchen and Joshua navigate their feelings over a weekend, the story weaves through the challenges of merging two different worlds. Can a wild Vegas night turn into something more? Packed with passion, this story doesn't just play the field—it's a home run.

 Can a wild Vegas night turn into something more? Packed with passion, this story doesn't just play the field—it's a home run

The Dark Dark Woods by @LadyInTower

Reviewed by Xavier Garcia-Gallardo, Content Specialist @ Wattpad

As a longtime lover of films like Legend and Labyrinth and Willow, it's only proper that L. Tower's work exemplifies both the whimsy of '80s fantasy movies, but also their darkness.

Darkness being the opportune word here. It's even in the title — twice!

Because as much as The Dark Dark Woods does read like an Autumn-coded fairy tale, this is also the Brothers Grimm if they made movies with A24. This is Over the Garden Wall meets The Witch. This is fairytale meets folk horror.

And this is what makes this story so special.

When we first meet Credence and her younger brother Josiah, they're living isolated in the woods with their Ma and Pa. And two things are immediately clear to readers. One: there's something really strange about their Ma. And two: whatever lives in the woods should be avoided at all costs. But as the siblings are forced into the forest alone, the pair must learn to rely on one another if they're going to finally confront long-hidden family secrets, as well as the grotesquerie of monsters that call the woods their home, including a cannibal twin or two and the Queen of the Woods herself. But whether the siblings are encountering the creepy or the fantastical, L. Towers manages to tell their story with a voice that's dripping with atmosphere. Folk horror has never sounded so sweet as it does in the dark fairy tale writing found deep within the Dark Dark Woods. 

-------------------------------------------------------

But there's more! Other titles in this month's Premium Picks include: 

📚Dirty Lying Faeries by @SabrinaBlackburry

Recent graduate Thea encounters Devin at a black-tie gala, sparking a series of events that reveal the existence of faeries. Skeptical at first, Thea discovers her connection with their magical world, navigating a realm of enchantment and threats as romance blossoms. As Thea confronts the truth about her fae ties, a new changeling's arrival marks a pivotal moment in this magical tale.

📚Through You by @ArianaGodoy (now on the big screen!)

Claudia, once the housekeeper's daughter, now lives with the wealthy Hidalgo brothers and looks after the entire household. Despite a past spark with the eldest brother, Artemis, they face challenges as he returns from university, disrupting Claudia's safe spaces. As their connection deepens, Claudia and Artemis confront family obligations and social prejudices, determined not to let anything keep them apart.

📚Claimed by the Sicilian Mafia by @jspruill1130 

Adalina Romano is reluctantly married to Vincent Salvatore, the heir of Sicily's largest mafia after her uncle strikes a deal. Despite their initial conflicts and Vincent's perception of Adalina as an obstacle, a forbidden attraction develops between them. As they navigate a dangerous mafia war, Vincent is compelled to keep Adalina safe, revealing unexpected layers of himself, and their relationship transforms from sparks to a consuming fire, challenging Vincent's allegiance to his mafia roots.

📚 The Mystery Fighter by @A_Elin 

Seventeen-year-old Cassandra Haynes defies rules and faces expulsion, but tragedy leaves her responsible for her little sister. With no one to rely on, Cassie secretly relocates to a neighboring city and enters the world of illegal street fighting for survival. As she navigates gritty fights and new threats, Cassie's determination to protect her sister leads her to confront dangerous adversaries, ready to defend at any cost.

-------------------------------------------------------

We always love hearing from you, so thread your thoughts below in the comments, and make sure to keep that reading streak going. Catch you next month! ✨