25 || A Stupid Idea For a Stupidly Cold Night

Bed - Nicki Minaj (ft. Ariana Grande)
𓆩𓆪
Evie

I will never forget the cold I felt that one night in Breckenridge.

Frigid, freezing, painful gusts of wind were blowing around that night.

My parents and I had taken the weekend off from the rink to go skiing during winter break my senior year.

We had just finished up our last trip down the mountain and were headed back to the ski resort when I found out the front door was locked.

I peered through the foggy glass of the front door and saw nobody at the reception desk. It was pretty late at night and the whereabouts of the receptionist were unknown.

I mean, when have you ever been in a lobby without one or two receptionists around?

Turns out that the receptionist went on a bathroom break and we just happened to show up for the five minutes she was gone.

But it was the longest and most torturous five minutes of my life.

My hands were numb and my face red and burning from the wind when she finally realized we were locked out.

Her panicked claims were enough to get her point across. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I don't even know how that happened!"

She's lucky I was too frozen to argue with her. The first thing I did when I got back to the room was throw a blanket around myself and pray I wasn't hypothermic.

But none of that compares to how cold I am now.

Everything, literally everything was cold in the house. The air, the floors, the counters, the bed sheets, but more importantly, me.

I was smothered under the covers and instead of my pajamas I was in a tank with a sweatshirt over it, shorts, and socks.

And as much as I'm freezing there's no way I'd be able to fall asleep with sweatpants on. They're just too uncomfortable unless I'm taking a nap.

And it's probably one of the reasons why I'm so cold.

But besides the fact I still writhe around beneath the sheets, somehow trying to find a position to get comfortable. Though, to no avail.

Finally having enough of the struggle I sit up with a groan, not caring in the slightest if I wake up Alex next to me. Nothing was more frustrating than not being able to fall asleep.

Sleep was something I cherished too much not to get it. So whenever I found myself not being able to drift off I had the weirdest rush of aggression flow through my body.

Tonight was no different.

The air was cool as it hit my face, climbing up the gaps of my sweatshirt, a shiver was all I could suffice as I looked to my right.

Only watching the man next to me sound asleep without a care in the damn world.

That's so unfair.

Swinging my legs off the edge of the bed is half the struggle, getting up to walk to the living room seems like a faraway trek I don't plan on taking.