Chapter thirty-three

Nataila's pov

I wished moments like these could lasts forever as i wandered  in the cabin lodge whilst the smell of orange hot cocoa was waffling in the air, slowly i made my ways over to the kitchen soon smiling at the sight i just saw right in front of me Avenna and Wyatt were spending time in the kitchen alone flirting by getting each other to tasted hot cocoa that they were making for everyone with plastic disposable spoons whereas Asher and Jessasnym had went to get us breakfast pastries but they would be coming back in twenty five minutes times. This was the happiest time that i had seen my group of friends in a long time because we had been through hell and back only to come out the otherside shining.

Furthermore, Charlie, Mason, Grayson, Fletcher, Holden and i were watching several christmas movies that we might missed out on like Home Alone, Love Hard, Grinch and Who killed Santa during Charlie and Fletcher debating  whether that Die hard wasn't or was christmas movie however, i wouldn't want this feeling of christmas euphoria to changed to anythings. The more that i think about it now that we were  growing maybe as a child back then we might have take christmas for granted yet every single year i had a newfound appreciation for christmas and new years eve marking that i had made it to the next year with all of our friends even though, we were all missing Rochelle who went out of town to spend christmas with her family in South Korea. 

"Holden, what was your first impression of me?"I asked him.

One of the cards from the game that I had picked out was this one and I didn't know what he was going to say especially when it came to telling me the truth about what he really thought of me even though, we have hated each other for a while but we did resolve the issue at one time knowing that we still bicker like a marriage couple according to our friends. I leaned my head on his shoulders waiting to hear him say the truth, therefore, he wasn't scared of my reaction as one of his friends might let it slip that he likes me.

In addition to this, the first couple who started this game get easier cards but as the game goes on it gets deeper than the surface level was. The last couple to participate was Jessasnym and Asher who had brought back  gluten free with no-sugar pancakes as a request from Grayson earlier who constantly goes on about how sugar was junk for your body also that we should all treat our bodies like a temple for a reason i know that this was going to annoyed Holden being a guy who loves his flavors such as sugar and spice in his foods that makes it taste really good for his soul. We all drank hot cocoa except for Grayson who drank healthy fruit smoothies.  

"Yes,beautiful. My first impression of you was my insanely beautiful genius but when I saw you with your ex-boyfriend." he growled and then i said "I think he is a  piece of fifth on the back of my shoe who doesn't deserve you because no one and mean no one can ever lay their hand on you." he grabbed gently my waist and made me looked into his eyes as his lift my chin up so that our gazed meets in this moment of time.

All this time, i don't know how i didn't see it until now but the ways he looks at me, called me names to get under my skins, believe in me when nobody else ever did, he always came rescued me in my time of need and he did had done this best to protect me especially when my ex-boyfriend had threaten me. It was hard for him to let go of the fact that i had gotten badly when he wasn't there even knowing he was willing to pay the whole hockey team including the baseball team if time ever got desperate that he needed them as my backup bodyguards although, i had tried to convince him  what i had been through was never  ever his fault. As humans we had a tendency to often blame ourselves or other peoples for the things that had happened in our life which was a natural human instinct even I know it was Matthew and I guess what I said about him must have triggered something very dangerous inside of him to have caused such a reaction.

"I thought that you have the biggest ego that a grown man shouldn't have at your age and you're annoyingly hot." I admitted truthfully to him.

Mason was so moody and broody every day as the only time that I saw him smile was whenever Rochelle looked at him and then nobody ever wanted to mention it to him with Rochelle gone for only a few more days until the new year eve day. I had given everyone else their present apart from Mason and Rochelle. Next, I thought to myself to give them to each other as their christmas gift, one up santa claus who i bet never ever had to play two roles of cupid and Santa in one day. She always tells us about this guy who stops by her music class door  just to listen to her sing but never ever introduced himself to her which we all know it was him since it was all Holden tells me about his dark hair friend Mason here love listen to this girl voice furthermore, both Holden and Rochelle story had instantly clicked in my head who knows they might love me or not for it later. Anyways, I will get some help by ensemble my other great friends Avenna, Charlie and Jessasnym to team up to make a mastermind plan for our close friend Rochelle and Mason.

Me:Hey Rochelle, I think you broke Mason by going away for christmas.

Elle: Hey, how exactly did I break a guy who has half of the population of girls on campus that wants to be with him?

Me:I don't know but whenever you are around him. You make him less grumpy.

Elle: how about he give me his number and then i will see what i can do.

Me:omds, he is literally trying to hide his huge grin right now! Did you see the picture that I had sent you?

Elle: I did but now, I have got to go. Bye, Tia.

Me: see you on New year eve, Elle.

Meanwhile,Avenna, Charlie, Jessamyn, Irinain the snow whilst we were all missing Rochelle. I decided it was the right time to fill in the girls on what my plan was to them which they all did agreed to keep it a secret from them because they might not know yet but they were meant to be together like how the two people who observed the room also they noticed everything couldn't see that they belong together especially with their past history of relationships or abusive father as they tried to prove to everyone else that they were fine.

She was one of those people who keep saying that she was fine whilst still trying to convince the world that she was better off alone including achieving her goals whereas he had spent his childhood feeling broken for the last past years working hard for his family in his part time  job, a university students  and a hockey player still on the tightropes to hold every lost single bit of resent against the world after what they had both been through was only the tip of the iceberg for them.

Charlie agreed as she nodded her thinking a while back to what happened Rochelle"Of course,we will help after everything those poor souls have been through."she placed her hand in the middle as we joined her before we did our little cheered that caused the boys to glanced in our direction because we might have been a little bit too loud.

Afterwards, Holden scent of his cologne went straight to nose and then he picked me up in his arms in a  brief moment he had spanned me around during me listening to what Irina had to say to me as soon as he had stop to carefully placed my feet on the ground making me laughed so much. I realized that we had spent more time arguing than we were supposed to be happy at the beginning of our journey and he was my yellow person who made me the happiest in the world, making me shine like the night sky full of stars.

"They both deserve a hug and confide in each other."said Irina.

Our time here would always be remembered by all of us who would go back to reflected looking at our photo books going down memory lane for the fun of it. At first we might have started off with small friendship group that consist of me, Avenna,Charlie, Jessasnym, Rochelle, Irina, Flora, Asher, Dean, Fletcher, Wyatt, Mason, Grayson and Holden but these eleven-twelve people had really touched my heart in a indescribable way with the laughter, sadness, excitement and happiness we had all came so far to reaches the stars.

Beyond the stars, the moon, the sun and the rain there would always be a special place that I would always call home which does fit in just one place but multiple times, places, peoples and loved ones too.

"Gosh, I'm going to miss this!" I exclaimed sadly to him.

Holden and I began to look at the stars in the middle of the night with our friends. If anyone has ever tried to tell you that you are never going to make it?

Tell them that they are going to be wrong on so many level because that would be stupid to maintained  or underestimate how a star can shine only at night for many reasons why however, the stars are the only stars who shine bright especially when other people are only missing common scientist calculation that the sun was the biggest star which others might try to mistake it for something else.

"You know, it doesn't matter where we are or how many universes there are because I will always find my way back to you."he looked me in the eyes and then he said "there will never not be a moment where i don't love you Natalia. I pucking hate. how long it took me to find my way to you but fate made me realize that there is no me without you."

Don't mistake vulnerability for signs of weakness when it only shows you were brave. So shine bright like a diamond and please never ever forget your worth especially when it comes to other people who don't really appreciate you until you are gone out of their life.

A real friend is someone who won't judge you on your  bad days but always keep it one hundred percent real to your face  and  on your good days they would want to celebrate with you. And somehow I got lucky not needing a social battery for any of my friends because they understand me when nobody else does.