| Author's Note |

Hello, folks! Welcome to Of Death and Roses.

I am thoroughly looking forward to writing this story and seeing where this journey takes me this time. In the last few years, I have struggled to keep updating my ONC stories due to various reasons. However, I would like to challenge myself to complete this story and for it to be of good quality, even if I am not fully competing in the contest but following along.

I will be 'participating' with a story idea I came up with when I was fourteen/fifteen and never finished. It was originally a My Chemical Romance fanfiction, but I plan to make it work for the prompt that I have chosen and introduce more original characters than the ones I came up with almost ten years ago. Just to be clear, this is an original story.

The prompt I have chosen from this year's ONC prompts is:

#2 A true lover will always find their way back to you. But which is the way that connects the Underworld and the Land of the Living?

As a side note, I write in British English and this story is in its early stages, therefore criticism is welcome so long as it is constructive. However, I will use whatever feedback I deem will benefit the story and my writing at my discretion.

I am looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!

— Deliah Rose —