Chapter 1 // Welcome To Dallas

Marra's POV

Agreeing to move to a whole new country with your best friend is one thing, but moving to a whole new country with your best friend and her boyfriend is another. I haven't got more then 6 hours of sleep since we've been here, and we've been in Dallas now for a month. They are even worse then animals - and I used to live on a farm. I turned over to look at the clock, it was 7AM. I groaned getting up and walking over to the kitchen. I didn't have the energy to make an actual breakfast so I poured myself some cereal and milk; I went over and knocked on Gwen and Stevie's door.

"Come on Gwen, we have class in an hour let's go!", I said between a spoonful of cereal. Gwen eventually came out with Stevie in tow, both giggling and apologizing. "I'll make us some eggs, Stevie", Gwen said giving him a peck before going into the kitchen. Stevie sat down beside him and nudged me, I nudged him back and we both laughed. "You ready for your job interview today?", I asked smiling. Stevie laughed leaning back onto the coach, "Marra, I am so nervous but so ready. My dream job, massaging athletes - it was almost within my reach!", he exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and shot him a look, Gwen laughed.

"Why can't you just tell us what team you have the interview with? Professional? Junior? Little league?" Gwen asked teasing him. Stevie rolled her eyes at her as he got up to get his plate of eggs, "Listen you know I consider it bad luck talking about it. You guys will find out sooner or later, relax.". Both Gwen and I looked at each other and laughed, we knew how superstitious Stevie was, we never took it seriously, even when we were kids.

I admired Gwen and Stevie's relationship. They have been together since we were in the eighth grade and here are ten years later, they're still more in love then ever. Gwen and I were package deal though, if Stevie was going to date Gwen I was going to date his best friend. Which I did, until he ultimately broke my heart five years ago.

I was so into my thoughts that I didn't realize Stevie had turned the tv on to Sportscentre, which was a morning ritual for him. When I heard his name, I started to feel a chill run through my spine. Gwen turned the tv off and Stevie looked over at me, "Sorry Marra.". I looked over and smiled at him, "We're in his city now you guys. I have to get used to hearing the name Jamie Benn all the time now, I will I promise." I said smiling. I didn't know how long it would take me to get used to it, but with time I will.

"It's not like we'll ever see him again, unless Stevie is interviewing for the Dallas Stars.", I said laughing. Gwen joined along, but Stevie kept quiet.

"Yeah, about that....."

Jamie's POV

Saying that I am dying to get back to the ice is an understatement. I would do anything to be cleared, things that I am not proud of. "How good do I look right now? Never mind don't answer that, I know I look good!", my teammate Tyler Seguin shouted at me, leading the team back into the locker room. I laughed and tossed him a towel.

"Great game bud. First hat trick of the season, I guess you don't need me out there?", I said smiling. Tyler came over and put his arm around me, "Not saying I don't need you out there, but I am doing just fine without you." He said laughing, I pushed him off me smiling.

"We missed you out there bro." my brother Jordie said walking in patting me on the back. I nodded my head, patting him on the back as well. "You know what I heard though, they're hiring a new physiotherapist.". Tyler said to me. "I truly am hoping it's a girl.", my brother shouted. The whole locker room broke out in laughter and whistles. "We have to make sure she stays away from you though, who can even take that beard. You know I heard girls are into that nowadays Jordie, good for you!", Jordie laughed and stuck the finger at me. I returned the favor.

-

Before I left the arena I decided to walk by the physiotherapist office. Maybe they hired already and were showing the person around, I'd be with them a lot and I wanted to introduce myself. As I got closer I recognized a familiar face, one I hadn't seen in a very long time.

"Stevie is that you?" I shouted getting closer to the room, the man turned over and smiled at me. He walked over to me and embraced me into a hug, "Jamie, fuckin right! How are you man?" he asked. "Good, I was just leaving but I heard we were hiring a new physiotherapist so I wanted to see who it is.".

Stevie stood a bit taller, puffing out his chest. "You're looking at him! We'll get you back on the ice in no time, trust me I am a miracle worker." I laughed and patted him on the back.

I couldn't believe Stevie was here. It would be just like old times, we were so close when we were younger. We played hockey together, fished together, rode bikes together, we even kissed the same girl. We were inseparable.

"If you need a place to stay man, let me know. Jordie and I have plenty of room." I offered. "Oh no thank you, I'm down here with Gwen and Marra...", his eyes widened.

"Wait, Marra is here? In Dallas?"