| 004: awkward kiss |

004| AWKWARD KISS |

004
| AWKWARD KISS |

"Please, Sam," Jade yelled over the sound of the music shaking the walls of her brother's room. She leaned against the door frame as he admired himself in the mirror, "All my friends will be there, I have to go!"

Tonight, a beach party was on the agenda, and the Pogues had asked their new friend to join. Deprived of going out, the young kook hurried to her older brother's room to beg him for help sneaking out.

He stopped his music and slowly turned towards his sister. "Will Rafe be there?" he asked, casting his protective brotherly gaze upon her.

Jade rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. "Why would I know?" she sighed, irritated by the mere mention of that boy's name. "He's your friend, not mine."

She secretly longed for her ex's presence, yearning for him to witness her embrace with another. The thought of revenge fluttered butterflies in her stomach.

"Will there be alcohol?" he asked, crossing his arms in an attempt to assert authority, "Underage drinking is illegal."

Jade eyed him up and down, not buying into his fake authoritative big brother act. Sam was a pro at bending the rules. He and his friends spent all their time sneaking drugs.

"Since when do you care about not doing illegal shit?" she replied, furrowing her brow.

"Never," he chuckled as he grabbed his car keys, "Go out the window and wait for me in the car, I'll take care of everything."

•••

"Drink, drink, drink!" The teens cheered around Jade as she swiftly downed multiple shots. Their excited shouts intertwined with the soothing melody of the waves caressing the shore.

As the night crept in, Rafe was nowhere to be seen at the party. The absence of his presence irritated the young kook, leading her to drown her frustrations in alcohol to distract herself.

"Another one, princess?" Proudly asked JJ, a drink in hand, offering her the fifth one in a row.

Jade's desire for another drink was strong, yet as her head began to spin, the intoxicating effects of the alcohol held her back.

"Nop, you had enough, baby." Kiara shook her head as she grabbed her friend's arm to lead her away from JJ and his drinks.

"I'm not drunk enough, Kie!" she grumbled as she let herself be dragged. She followed her friend with difficulty, blinded by dizziness and her hair sticking to her face in the wind.