Chapter 147: Going Out With Friends (Pt.1)

After lunch Princess Ewella pulled Sora over to the garden area. Sora looked over at the garden and thought about maturing the whole crop. Unfortunately if he did they would need to dig up and replant everything.

One of the downsides of Sora's magic was that the plants could only be harvested once. They hadn't been able to check if the plants would flower again naturally after some time passed or if the plants would become nothing but decorations.

"Your Majesty would you appreciate it if I mature all the plants in the garden?" Sora asked.

"My Queen the garden is your project. The choice is yours." The King said.

"Before you decide please know my magic can only be used the one time. After that, the plants will need to be replaced." Sora warned.

"Sir Sora, may I ask how long you and Sir Keyne will be in town for?" The Queen asked rather than answer. Sora looked at Keyne, who looked at the Prince.

"Why are you looking at me?"

"You are responsible for dealing with our current problems with the nobles. If Sora is arrested our plan to leave the day after tomorrow will need to be postponed." Keyne said.

In the meeting the King and Minister Brooming concluded it would take two days to have everything arranged for their trip back to Loe Lake. Sora naturally wanted to leave the moment they could. Whereas Keyne wouldn't have minded staying a little longer so they could rent a house.

"No problem. Didn't I already tell you I'd handle it." Prince Jodi said.

"Queen Elowen, to answer your question it will be two days unless things don't go as planned." Keyne told the Queen.

"I can mature several fields worth of crops for you while we are here. My only conditions is that the crops aren't given to the nobles. Except maybe minister Brooming, he was nice." Sora said. He was feeling less nervous around the royal family after lunch. Comfortable enough to speak freely.

"We will keep a percentage of the crops for the staff and the knights here at the palace. The rest will be donated to the orphanages or stored for the winter." The Queen assured.

"I'll grow as much as you want while we are here." Sora said. He was more than happy to cooperate with the Queens plans.

"We appreciate the help."

"Enough talking can you grow the watermelon?" Princess Ewella whined.

"Ewella, do not be rude." The Queen rebuked. She was not happy with the Princess' attitude.

"It's fine. I'll start growing everything now." Sora said before throwing the watermelon seed into the open space.

"Don't you need to plant the seeds?" Princess Ewella asked curiously.

"No, this is enough. But when doing a large field throwing the seeds will only lead to messy results." Sora explained.

He then knelt down and activated his magic. Within seconds all the watermelon plants reached the flowering stage. As for the other ones in the field they now had large luscious fruit and vegetables hanging from them.

"Woah??!!! Mommy, mommy look! It's so cool." Princess Ewella exclaimed. She then ran over to the watermelon plants only to feel disappointed.

"There are no watermelons."

"They need to be pollinated otherwise nothing will grow." Prince Jodi said as he knelt down next to Ewella.

"What's that?"

"I'll show you. I had to do it a ton while I was staying with Leader." The prince said as he slipped his finger into one of the flowers. The Prince had given up on using swabs a long time ago. He said it was a waste of time and money when they had to do several plants of the same type.