𝕺𝖇𝖘𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖎𝖙𝖄

รɦαω

Never before has anyone had the gall to admonish in the manner that Riel Summers did. Does he really think I won't be able to fire him from the company that I built?

I flip through the pages of the market research presentation he made. Even with the few innocent mistakes he had made, it's still a pretty decent presentation. Yet, tomorrow we'll see if his competence was a fluke or not.

As I reach to make a zwischenzung against my AI chessboard, a call from my sister interrupts my pastime.

"Felicity?" I answer the call."What is it now?"

Felicity's calls always revolve around two topics, either she's maxed out her credit card again or she wants my permission to go out somewhere.

"Hey, big bro . . ." she says in a sweet voice."I kind of went over the limit on my credit and I need you to have it fixed so I can this really neat shoe I just saw."

"Fine," I give in."I'll call the company to raise your limit for this month and this month alone."

"Thank you," she cheers."You're the best."

"Now, how are you doing at -"

She hung up the call before I could even get my question out.

I sigh, I shouldn't have expected that my indulging her would convince her to spend at least five more seconds on the phone with me.

I TAKE a minute to inhale some of the fresh crisp morning air before I walk into the office. A few of the employees break their necks so they don't have to make eye contact with me causing me to scoff loudly at their appalling naivety.

I agree to being a tough man to work for but I wasn't so unfair that would fire someone for just looking at me.

I head up to my office and find him facing away, standing at my desk.

I didn't expect him to be in this early.
I probably didn't expect him to come in at all.

"Mr. Summers," I say, dropping my coat on the couch."I have my first rule for you, don't you ever come into my office without my -" I no longer have the words to finish telling him my rule as he changes his focus to me.

This happened yesterday as well.
My words seemingly vanished when I caught sight of him for the very first time.

Felix and Charisma hadn't done him justice. Gorgeous is an amateur way of describing him. You could say that any random person on the street is gorgeous. The boy standing in front of me was a rare kind of beauty. He is so extraditionary yet so simple in looks that I would forget only to be reminded that he's possibly the most arresting person I had ever laid sight of.

"Yes?" he asks.
"Without my, umm - " I stammer as he refuses to drop his intent look on me so I can tell him my rule.

"Mr. Harlow," he calls, "What's your rule?"

"Don't come into my office without my permission," I find myself speaking again.

"Okay, I'll make note of that," he says despite the clear bother in his voice." I was just here to place morning coffee on your desk." He points to a steaming cup of joe.

"I don't recall telling you how I liked my coffee," I scowl ."So . . . you wasted your time trying to impress me."

"How would you know?" he scoffs, " you have you haven't tried it yet."

"Because," I rasp, "I don't drink from the grimy office coffee machine you used."

"I didn't use the office coffee machine that everyone else is subjected to," he whispers sharply."You'll see that if at least taste it first."