twelve

halle

BY THE END OF THE MOVIE half of the boys were sobbing and the other half sat with their mouths wide open in shock. avery, maggie, and i looked at each other and bust out laughing at the boys reactions. who knew they could be so emotional.

"why are you guys laughing? they just died together!" ethan choked out, tears streaming down his face.

"i can't believe this." luca spoke, still very shocked at the ending.

i looked over and saw dylan crying on maggie's shoulder.

"who knew duker had feelings!" mark pointed out, and dylan threw a pillow at his head in response. he crossed his arms and pouted, maggie turning to him and calming him down. after all, it was just a movie.

it was now 10pm, i got up from my spot on the couch and gathered up all the boys' trash from our dinner, putting it in the garbage and washing the dirty dishes they left in the sink earlier in the day. maggie said goodbye to us and left to go back to her apartment, leaving avery and i as the only girls again. all the boys migrated into the kitchen after saying their goodbyes to maggie. they sat on barstools and talked about the movie some more. luke leaned against the counter next to me while i cleaned.

"halle, you and avery should move in!" luca suggests and the boys all look at each other and nod. i turn around and look at avery who was sat on marks lap.

"i'm down, it's less expensive for us and we're closer to everything." avery responds with a shrug.

i look over and luke and he smiles, nodding his head in agreement.

i turn back to the group with a sigh. "fine, we'll move in." the boys jump from their seats and cheer, bringing avery and i into a group hug.

we all celebrated with a beer before heading to our rooms, with the exception of avery and i, who went to luke and marks rooms.

i grabbed my toiletry bag and bring it into luke's bathroom, grabbing my face wash and toothbrush. luke also started digging through my stuff and putting things away in his cabinets. i look over at him in confusion and he shrugs.

"might as well help you unpack some stuff." i giggle at how excited he is and start brushing my teeth. he puts his arm around me.

"if you want to stay in the room downstairs with avery you can, but just know i do want you to share a room with me." luke spoke softly, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

i spit my toothpaste out in the sink and wipe my mouth with a towel. "i'll stay with you," i reply, wrapping my hands around luke's neck. "avery will probably want to stay with mark anyways."

luke's hands make their way to my hips, pushing me against the bathroom counter. my breath hitches for the second time tonight. he leans down so our foreheads are touching. i can feel his breath on my lips.

"am i allowed to kiss you now, since you said i could earlier?" luke asked, looking into my eyes and then glancing down at my lips.

"yes." i reply breathlessly.

he wastes no time placing his lips on mine. i feel butterflies in my stomach as our lips move in sync. his hands move down to the back of my thighs, lifting me up and placing me on the counter.