~5~

---Jaden---

A bit earlier

I had called Amber and told her I found the phone of her friend and I was standing in the lobby, waiting for someone to appear, but no one did for a long time.

I thought I had scared that girl. Was her name Klea? I think Amber called her this way...

That little girl... She looked 2 or 3 years younger than me. Her hair brown. Her eyes were grey with a note of blue and yellow. She was fit, almost my type, but I wasn't in the mood for dating... and yet... I still couldn't understand where I could have possibly seen her.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard footsteps coming from the corner of the hallways. I straightened myself up as I trailed a hand through my hair, ready to give Klea the phone and finally leave for my apartment.

My eyes fell down as I saw Peter Brown approaching. I sighed and leaned myself back onto the wall, looking at my phone.

Unexpectedly, Peter stopped in front of me. "Do you need something?" I asked, not bothering to look up at him. "I came to get Klea's phone." He replied with a cold stare in my eyes.

"And why did she send you?" I finally glaced at him as I got off the wall, towering over his form. "I dont know, she didnt tell me anything. Its not my business to ask as well" He reached to snatch Klea's phone from my hand, but I held onto it tight.

"I wont give it to you, where is she?" I narrowed my eyes at Peter and put the phone in my back pocket.

"Fucking give me the phone, man! I dont have time for this!" Peter snapped at me. He looked exhausted, but it wasnt an excuse for him to act like a brat in front of me. I was the only person that defended him when the Rose Accident happened after all. He could at least be a bit kinder when talking to me.

I hated when people yelled at me and I wasnt going to stand this for much longer. I took a deep breath and exhaled, trying to keep my composure. "No. I asked where the girl is"

"Why do you even care? You were just going to give her phone back and leave as if nothing happened, werent you? Then why do you care who you are giving the phone to??" It was clear Peter wanted to go back to his dorm as soon as possible just like me, but I wasnt going to back down so easily.

"I wanted to speak to her." I explained simply

"Well, I dont know how you two met or how you got her phone, but she didnt look good at all. She looked so tired when I came back to the dorm-" Peter started talking, but I interrupted him. "So she is at your dorm?" I remarked with a cold tone.

He threw me a death stare for having the gut to intrude his explanation. How cute, he thought he would scare me with that stupid glare. "Yes, and?" He spit out. "She looked so stressed out because who knows what happened between the two of you!" Peter took a menancing step towards me.

"You better stay away from her, because I dont want to deal with you for much longer" He threatened, poking my chest with his index finger.

I stayed quiet for a few moments, trying to contain my anger. I hated physical touch. "...Bring me to her." I commanded demandingly. My eyes pierced through his as I leaned over him again.