Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Ch. 2

Colton

The ambiance in the room became tense as Luna stood there staring at me with hostile eyes.

"You?" Her eyes grew enormous. "I'll never ask you for the consulting role, so there's no need for us to even talk."

"Luna, let's get down to business. Don't take it so personally." I leaned back, studying her. "Don't you want to save your company?"

"Yeah, but definitely not with you." She shrugged. "Anyway, what's the point? Your company is fully booked."

"I thought you came here to beg."

"Beg!? Excuse me." Her brows drew together. "Actually, I don't feel like talking to you anymore."

"Wow, the same old Luna, but in a different appearance. Why go blond? You're prettier with your natural brunette hair."

We made eye contact, and a wave of resentment filled the room.

"I'm not asking for your opinion," she snapped at me.

She looked so different now, with her blond hair and elegant peach dress, but I could still see the real Luna in her, through her eyes, gestures, and the way she talked.

"I knew one day we'd come face to face with each other again. But I never saw this coming. How long has it been? Six years? Seven?"

"Eight." She looked uninterested, looking away.

"Oh, you're making notes." I couldn't help but chuckle, watching her face turn deadly.

"Not in a million years. I'm just a pro at counting years. It's a piece of cake, even a little kid can do it. Don't read too much into it."

"Chill." I squeezed my lips tight to prevent myself from laughing out loud, then I said, "I thought you couldn't stop thinking of me."

"You're so full of yourself. You haven't changed since we first met."

I frowned, thinking about when we first met in college.

"Ah, at the elevator. I still remember that punch you gave me."

"You totally deserved it."

"I don't want to argue with that anymore. That was in the past." I leaned forward, studying her, still standing in front of me. "By the way, I never got to thank you for giving up the dorm room."

"Ugh! As if I had a choice," she said, avoiding direct eye contact.

"Just like now. You don't have a choice but to ask for my help. Your company is crashing down. It would be a waste if you'll just allow it."

"I won't beg for you." Her eyes narrowed in anger.

"You don't have to. I'm offering," I said in my calmest way. "Besides, I don't want Sebastian and Sweet to think that I'm not willing to lend a hand to family."

"We're not family or anything. Only our siblings. We're sworn enemies," she said with gritted teeth.

"Nope, not on my end. I don't have any hard feelings for you." I shook my head. "You're clearly holding onto a ton of anger. That was ages ago, Luna. We're grown-ups. So much has changed in eight years. You can't keep on running away."

A moment of uncomfortable silence followed. Then she held her head high.

"I wasn't running away. I was escaping you."

"So, you finally admit you've been avoiding me." My eyebrows rose. Oh my, I'm enjoying this.

"Aren't you doing the same? Skipping the family gatherings of Sebastian and Sweet's."

icon lock

Show your support for Neilani Alejandrino, and continue reading this story

by Neilani Alejandrino
@sweetdreamer33
When up-and-coming fashion mogul Luna learns her company is on the br...
Unlock a new story part. Your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.
See how Coins support your favorite writers like @sweetdreamer33.