t e n

Few days later...

Our horses gallop loud and fast through the green forest trampling the long green grass but I can't beat Rune though, he's the type of guy that has being riding horses since birth.

The chirping of birds in the forest fills my ears. We are now out of the forest and into a meadow with lots of little white and yellow flowers.

We stop and Rune jumps out of his horse. He saunters to me and offers me a hand but I jump down without his help. I wipe the dust off my clothes and scoff phonily at him. "I can do it by myself, sir."

He pulls back his arms and huff jokingly. "Alright, alright."

I plop down on the long green grass and I watch him as he softly strokes his horse. Then he hunkers down next to me. His eyes trace the shape of the white clouds high up in the blue sky.

The slight woosh of the air makes my hair hover and I tuck it behind my hair. I pick up some flowers and start making a little flower crown.

"Those are sunbeams." He remarks while picking a flower and twirls it between his long fingers. "Grown only in the spring. They are an ingredient for medical treatments. Grandpa says they help a lot. He used them to heal your wound too."

I look up "Wait, really?"

"Yeah, I was the one who plucked them." He shrugs with a smile.

"Oh." I blurt out astonished and then we both chuckle.

Soon I'm done with my flower crown and I notice that Rune's eyes are fixed on me. I alter the flower crown of white and yellow sunbeams on top of his head.

His eyes are still fixed on me as I adjust it on his head. The calming breeze blows again making his messy hair fall into his green eyes.

I push back the brown locks of hair and he's still as a statue. There's a little dirt smear across his cheek and I gently wipe it away with my thumb.

I look at him to see him staring right into my eyes with his cheeks red and eyes wide. I wink playfully and he quickly breaks the gaze shyly. He's like a little kid. It's adorable.

He clears his throat and ask wanting to change the subject. "Sooo, uhhh, any plan regarding killing that husband of yours?"

"Well, I do have a plan in mind..." I say thoughtful.

"Mhm." Surprisingly, he doesn't ask what it is and instead he asks with his eyes fixed back on the clouds. "When you gonna leave though?"

I'm silent for a second as I stare at him. Then I finally say "Tomorrow morning..."

He immediately freezes and turns around to face me. "What?" It barely comes out as a whisper.

I don't reply. He questions, his voice sounding so painful. "The week went by that fast?"

"Yeah..." I mumble without looking up at him.

I feel his gaze on me and I look up to see the pain flashing in his eyes. "I'll miss you." That pains me more than I thought it could.

From day one, I knew leaving these people would be so hurtful but not this hurtful. I don't want to leave them. Especially, not him. My heart stings at that thought.

We stare into each other's eyes for a moment and he suddenly wraps his arms around my shoulders pulling me into a warm hug.

For a moment, I'm still surprised but then I eventually throw my arms around him and I bury my face into the warmth of the nape of his neck.

"I'll miss you forever, Kora."

****

After I tie my hair into a tight braid, I pin my sword to my side and grab my hair pin. I stare at my reflection in the mirror for a split second and sigh.

As much as I knew leaving these people will leave me a scar, I didn't think the scar would hurt this much.

Especially, Mr. Yoshida. He practically saved my life, fed me, took care of me. I'm in debt for these people. If I didn't die before I reach Onryx, I will let them have a better life because they deserve it. That's a promise and I do not break promises.

I ramble out of the room and see Mr. Yoshida seated on the couch with his head buried in a newspaper. I look around but the others are nowhere to be seen.

Mr. Yoshida rises when he notices me and he walks towards me. He embraces me into a warm hug. As we pull back, I clasp his hand in mine. "Mr. Yoshida, thank you. Thank you for everything. You saved my life. I...I can't find the words to describe the love and respect I have for you."

He smiles. "It's an honor for us, Princess Eraya."

My eyes slightly widen at his words but then I smile reassuringly. His grip on my hand tightens. "I wish you good luck."

I smile softly but then I ask "Where are the others?"

"Oh, you'll see."

"Alright, then." I simply shrug and creak open the door to see all of them standing outside with their gaze fixed on the view of the town. They all have small luggage hanging on their shoulders.

I slowly step forward confused and they turn around at the sound of my steps. They smile when they see me.

"Why...? What's going on?"

Rune grabs my shoulders and bends down to reach my eye level. "We're coming with you, Kora."

What? Oh my god, what? I step back surprised, uttering no word.

"Yeah." Azul reads my surprised expression.

"You're our friend. Do you think we will let you just go like that?" Azura lifts a finger and flicks it back and forth in my face. "Nah, you won't get rid of us this easily."

I cover my mouth in surprise and I feel tears filling up my eyes. "Oh my god, you guys..." I murmur and I pull them into a tight hug. I whisper "Thank you so much." I...I love these people.

"Shall we?" Rune says as we pull back and he gestures to the stables. But before I go, I look at the cottage for one last time and smile with all my heart.

We reach the stables where four horses wait for us. Rune walks to the horse standing in the corner. Its skin is the color of black coffee and its dark hair slips down his back like a beautiful river. Despite of the dark shades, its eyes gleam in the bright color of hazel.

Rune strokes its back and turns to me. "Meet Hades."

I approach them and gently stroke the horse. "Hi Hades." It leans into my touch and I can't help but smile.

Then we get on and gallop our way out of Vividale.