Stick a needle in my eye

A girl sat in a chair, head downcast, blond hair obscuring her face. She was not fully aware of her surroundings, but she was also not asleep. She was simply swaying back and forth, muttering to herself as her sole source of company. The gloomy basement, or what she assumed was a basement, was lit by a single faint light bulb.

How long had she been stuck? She was unsure, time passed horribly slowly, and with no company other than her kidnapper's occasional visit to torture her or merely cram enough nourishment down her throat to keep her from dying of starvation, time seemed irrelevant. Time was all she had but her time also seemed to be coming to an end. Like an hourglass filled with sand, carefully draining away.

The girl had given up on screaming and begging for help, no one ever came, Even when she heard footsteps upstairs, it appeared as if her presence was non-existent to anyone who passed by. Whether they heard her or not. She had taken it up on herself to memorize each pair of footsteps. She had came to the conclusion that there was more than one person living upstairs.

The female didn't know if it was her mind playing tricks on her to try and salvage whatever fragile sanity she had left by making her believe it wasn't just her and her captor around. But that somehow made it seem even worse, because if her assumption was correct, it meant there were people up there who probably knew about her predicament.

Or they didn't, that it was just one person who skillfully dodged all suspicion and avoided all questions while keeping the teen captive. Whatever the case was, the fact remained that she was kidnapped and couldn't do anything about it.

There was one point. The female had heard an unidentified pair of footsteps that were much lighter than the other footsteps she remembered, as if the person was walking with a sense of purpose but not understanding what it was. She'd heard the footsteps go past a couple of times and tried to scream briefly before giving up.

She usually spent the passing hours looking around the room she was in, counting the cracks on the ceiling, and naming each bug that scurried by. but recently she stopped. her captor had filled the previous blank walls with photos. photos upon photos, of one random guy. The stranger came in every day for the past week, plastering incriminating, stalkerish photos all over the walls.

She felt bad for the boy, in all the photographs, it seemed like he was blissfully unaware of the photo being taken, leading the girl to firmly believe the boy was being stalked by this maniac. And the moment her time was up, he was next. It was a sad thought, really. knowing someone was getting harassed and stalked but being unable to do anything to prevent the inevitable.

Sooner or later She was going to get killed, she knew this, and she had accepted that fact. She just wished the individual had some type of remorse and made it quick. But even that seemed like a pipe dream.

The girl sighed and tilted her head up to stare at the wall in front of her. She didn't want to look at the photographs for too long, every time she did, she felt a...feeling churning in her stomach. perhaps, hatred? or envy? Who knows, All she did know was that she felt something towards the boy, something that she didn't want to admit.

Her captor appeared to look almost, fond of the unaware boy in the photos, she knew this by the longing looks they shot towards each photograph, and even though their face was concealed by a mask, she swore she heard them let out a shaky exhale every time they put up a new photo.

It made her sick to her stomach to think about how the sick bastard was behaving like a lovesick puppy. It reminded her that they still had a heartbeat, that they were human, despite their vile actions. Intrusive thoughts often popped up.