8 He regrets

Harvey's POV

Harvey's POV

My father used to say words once spoken can never be taken back. It was an old saying but he used to repeat it several times a month to me because I had a temper of a stubborn bull and my mouth runs ten miles per second on the inappropriate highway.

As soon as her eyes glazed with tears, I knew I took it too far. I should have sucked it up. Fuck I should have moved on years ago, but here I am pacing like a fucking toddler because I made her cry.

I was more mad about the words Ares spoke.

She has not had eyes for another even when it was just business for her, not because she doesn't believe in love but because someone hurt her. She's scared to love again and when she finally does see that she deserves love and happiness, it's not going to be because of you.

It's not going to be because of YOU

It was a dick move on my behalf, to wrap her on my lap and flirt with her. But Christ she is so beautiful it was impossible for me to sit there and let another man have his way with her.

But when Ares spoke about her like he really knows her, not the woman who cheated on me, the girl whom I fell in love with I fucking lost it.

He cannot see that side of her.

She's mine. She's my Bella.

Even when the thought floats in my head, a shiver runs down my spine. Her red puffy eyes, the way the tears fell down from them, the way her lips quivered and she bit on them to stop the sobs, her grip on my suit, her trembling body. Fuck it gutted me alive to watch her like this.

I had no fucking right to throw the past in her face because I was fucking jealous of a random fucker who never even got to get her phone number.

So far she has not given me even a single chance to lose my patience. When she told she wants to choose her own driver and guards I thought she wanted to do it because she wanted to hide something from me, fool me again. But she only rejected the best men I chose to go ahead and select the best women for the job from the same agency.

Ever since she set foot in Toronto, her movements were somewhat predictable and not suspicious. She stayed in a women's hostel for the first two months until the wedding. Which was predictable because in the last eleven years she never had a home, the first few years I thought it was temporary but as the years went on it bothered me so fucking much. A luxury real estate heiress living in a shabby 150 square feet hostel room with a safety of a shattered glass.

Since the wedding her weekdays are dedicated to work and she spends her Saturdays with her grandfather and Sundays at home watching trashy movies alone. The only people she interacts with on daily basis is me, her PA, her driver and her guards.