Chapter 9

"Answer the damn question, little missy." His tone was threatening. Sasha gripped the mattress beneath her trembling hands. "S-She said she a-also know me from p-past like you d-do. So I-I asked h-her if she c-could t-tell me what ha-happened in the p-past." Sasha stuttered while letting out the truth.

Ragnar stared at her before his gaze traveled down to her trembling hands squeezing the mattress tightly. "And what about disappearing on me out of nowhere?" He asked, his gaze fixated on her hands. When he got no answer from her, he looked up at her.

"Should I consider it a cowardly mistake from your side or really a headache?" He asked and she stayed muted. "For God's sake Sasha." He snapped and she flinched. Upon seeing her response, he took a deep breath and faced her more calmly. "I would never hurt you." He said. "Never."  

Sasha hesitantly looked into his eyes and found no hint of hesitation in them. He never hurt her physically but the mental pain he made her go through was destructive enough to wreck her as a whole.

Sasha meekly nodded as he stood up.

"Fuck, everything was so good before she came. Can you believe it? You were blushing in my damn vicinity and that witch destroyed everything." He grumbled and opened his man bun, letting his shoulder-length hair free as he ruffled it.

Not gonna lie, Sasha didn't like the fact that he cut his hair. She liked his long hair.

He notices everything about her, she couldn't even hide her emotions from him.

"What do I do to make you blush again?" He asked while pushing his hair back, his gaze fixated on her.

"N-Nothing." She stammered.

"Nothing?" He asked and she shook her head.

"Then fucking blush." 

His words had her gaze snapping up at him, tears pooled up in her eyes. "W-What's wrong with you?" She asked, almost on the verge of crying. She swore, she never cried like this in front of him. She knew that disappearing on him and thinking that he would vent out his anger on her had triggered him. 

But what could she do?

She was scared of him. Not today but tomorrow she would fear him again. 'Fear' was one of the biggest aspects of their relationship. Her lips wobbled but she immediately tightened them, trying to control her tears. 

He instantly paused.

"Fuck." He rubbed a hand down his face and put his right knee beside her on the bed. Grabbing her face, he squeezed her cheeks. "Sorry, I'm so sorry." He said, realizing that he was unconsciously venting out his anger on her. He knew it wasn't venting, he was more angry over her disappearance than his sister but he made her believe that he was venting out his anger on her.

He cupped her cheeks and kissed her drenched eyes, trying to calm each other down. Once he was sure that she calmed down, he sat beside her and fell back on the bed, staring at the ceiling.