Epilogue: Two

6 years later

6 years later

The Queen Athens sat at the edge of a narrow perch , dipping her legs idly in the water as she awaited her husband. The ocean felt cool against her skin, a refreshing end to her hectic day.

Her lips curved into a smile as Percy appeared before her, riding a wave as if it were a vehicle.

He grinned, greeting her with an enthusiasm that reminded her every day, just how lucky she was to have him.

"My Queen," he winked.

Annabeth's heart skipped a beat. Six years they had been married, yet he was what made her feel most alive. No one could elicit the feelings that he could, nor bring her as much joy.

"Are you ever going to tire of calling me that?" Annabeth chuckled, kicking a bout of water his way. It stopped before him, pausing mid air before plopping down into the ocean.

He was truly the king of the seven seas.

He thought for a moment, then shook his head, "never," he decided.

"Well, you might need to call me by a different name. Athens will have a new ruler soon," Annabeth smiled, her voice soft.

"What do you mean?" he asked slowly, eyes lighting up as a slow realisation crept into them.

Annabeth leaned back, carefully cradling her stomach, "I do hope she takes after you," she smiled.

Percy blinked, stunned. The pair of them locked eyes, both unable to speak. But there was no need for words, not when everything they needed to communicate passed through them in a single glance. The kind of joy and happiness not even a million words could capture.

"It's been years since I've heard you this silent," Annabeth laughed, splashing him with water again. This time, it splattered across his face, breaking him out of his trance.

"You...you are truly the most remarkable woman I know," he whispered, inching closer, his sea-green eyes glowing with a mixture of disbelief and excitement.

"Every moment I spend with you, makes me love you more than I thought was possible," he said, taking her hands in his, kissing her wrist.

"And you, are the most remarkable person I know," Annabeth replied, smiling, "I cannot imagine loving anyone as much as I love you."

Their eyes met, and Percy pulled her into the ocean. Then, their lips met.

The Queen of Athens held her husband close, tears pooling in her eyes. In his arms she was home.

Together, they'd built an empire. Land and Sea were no longer at war, their people no longer feared each other. It was an age of harmony, which festered under their collective reigns.

Despite the hardships they faced, the distance they endured, the result of it was gratifying. Every moment they spent with each other was precious, and they never took it for granted.

The Merman and the Princess had come a long way.

The Sea King and the Queen of Athens, had a long way to go

The Sea King and the Queen of Athens, had a long way to go. But nothing could deter them. After all, they had each other, and that was the most powerful thing of all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aahhh!!!! I cannot believe this story is over!! My Gods it's surreal!

Thankyou all so much for your love and support! I would not have been able to finish this book without all of your encouraging and somewhat threatening comments.

This book means a lot to me and I'm so grateful that you gave it a chance. I truly hope you enjoyed it a little bit atleast.

Thankyou for everyone who kept up with my inconsistent posts, unnecessary cliffhangers and the somewhat crappy writing on this book. I love all of you so much and I'm truly grateful and blessed.

Umm...I don't know what more to say.

Take a look at all my other percabeth fanfiction if you're bored maybe?

Oh!!

By the way! I'm writing a new percabeth pirates AU, set to come out on March 13th 2024!

Just wanted to announce that.

Thankyou all once again for everything! And this sappy authors note!

(Posted 8/3/2024- 7:07am)

Signing out
—S