Part 3: Suryavanshi

Suryavanshi: "Surya-vanshi" is a term from Hindu mythology and Indian history. It refers to the descendants of the solar deity Surya, who is considered the source of the solar dynasty. In the context of Indian history and mythology, "Surya-vanshi" refers to individuals or dynasties that claim descent from Surya, and it is often associated with royal lineages.

***

Mirdhvi took her eldest sister who still froze in her place, they paid respect to the Brahmins, after that, the Brahmins left.

The three Suryavanshi Princesses looked at their sister who still sat as if her soul left her body, Satya shook Kathiravani,

"jyestha, what happened?!" she asked, concerned because her sister never acted like this before. Kathiravani looked ahead, she wanted to shouted at the eldest disciple of the Brahmin - which she didn't even know his name - to stop at his strack. She didn't know what happened to her, her heart felt sad when he walked away and she only saw him once, tears swelled up on her eyes, her three younger sisters looked at her with confusion.

"Pitashree!" Satya Nagnajiti walked towards her father, King Nagnajit descend from his chariot, while the other two Princesses were concerned over the eldest Princess, Satya took her father to where her sister currently sat,

"what happened to your Jyestha, Nappinnai?"

Satya shook her head, "I don't know, Pitashree. After we served the Acharya and his hundreds and six disciples, and they left, jyestha becomes like that,"

King Nagnajit cupped his eldest daughter - his eldest brother's daughter but she was very much his daughter too -, "Putri!"

"Kakashree!" Kathiravani looked up to him with tear strained eyes, "my heart hurts so much, Kakashree, i don't know what happened to me."

King Nagnajit wiped down her tears, his heart clenched at the sight of his daughter, "don't cry, my Mudita. Come on, let's go back to the palace, you'll be fine."

Kathiravani nodded, with the help of her uncle, she climbed the King's chariot while her other sisters climbed in another chariot. Their procession went to the Palace.

The palace was decorated with flowers, happy smiles was in everyone's faces, everyone who encountered them blessed them. The wedding emotions sky rocketed. 

The bride was supposed to be the happiest or shyest, but contrary of people's thoughts, Kathiravani's mind ran elsewhere. Her mind was occupied by a certain Brahmin that she met.

They were greeted by her mother, Maharani Shruti, and her aunts Maharani Indulekha and Maharani Sumitra, the former was the wife of Maharaj Nagnajit and the other was the mother of both Mirdhvi and Mira.

"what happened to Mundita, arya?" Maharani Indulekha asked, worried at how absentmindedly the Princess was, Maharani Shruti shook her daughter's shoulder in hope to woke her up, Kathiravani blinked, she bit her lips,

"Maa?"

"are you ok, Mudita? What happened?" Kathiravani shook her head, her heart hurt so much, but she couldn't say anything, she had fallen in love with that Brahmin but he was a stranger, beside, she was to marry Maharaj Pandu's son, she gulped down the urge to cry and forced a smile,

"nothing, Maa, my head just hurts a little but it's alright now," she responded, Maharani Indulekha and Maharani Sumitra sighed in relief, they now helped her to adjust her hair that decorated by various flowers.

"if so, then come, Maharaj Jarasandh is here, you should ask for his blessings."

Kathiravani could only followed her mother, while her other uncle and aunts and sisters followed them closely, they entered the large room where Maharaj held his guests.

Maharaj Ranjeet sat with a man, much older than him, He was as everyone describe, tall, with broad shoulders and as Kshatriya as he was described, the Maharaj of Magadha, the one who attacked Mathura several times, made the people of Yadu clan flee their home. Kathiravani disliked these kind of person, but he was also her father's good friend, they grew up together in Gurukul.

"ah, here she is, my daughter," Maharaj Ranjeet said with a smile, Kathiravani smiled upon saw her father, "this is Maharaj Jarasandh, quick, ask for his blessing."

Kathiravani bent down and touched his feet, and he blessed her.

"i saw you when you were born, and heard the stories about your valour, kindness and strength, being Baghwan Parashuram's student is not easy yet you've accomplished it. Having a daughter like you is a blessing, even i want to make you my daughter in law. Pity, fate is not on our side or else you shall be Maharani of Magadha after i left to meet my ancestors."

Kathiravani could only accept his words, even if such kind of words was impolite, but he was the King of Magadha, they couldn't be able to afford to offend him.

"i am sure, with Narayan's blessing, Maharaj will get the best woman as your daughter in law." she replied with a smile, her smile lit up the whole room, as she used flowers for her shringar, the whole person exclude the beauty, grace and fragrance.

Maharaj Jarashand let out a boisterous laugh, he nodded, "good good! Anuj Ranjeet, you have such a good daughter, you are blessed!"

"i told you having one daughter is equal as having ten sons, why should i need a son when i can have a daughter like this? Narayan gave me such a wonderful daughter like her to make sure i will always been blessed."

Kathiravani left them, and entered her chamber which already lit up by the maids, per tradition a new bride's chamber should always bright up with small lamps. By now, her Uncles already welcomed the Kuru Princes, with their Guru, as Mahamantri Vidura and Hastinapur's Kul Guru Kripacharya would arrived tomorrow, and they would be welcomed by the Royal family.

Shrutija Ranjeet-nandini Kathiravani Suryavanshi, her name Kathiravani alone means The Sun, as if everyone was afraid that she wasn't a Suryavanshi, being a descendant of Raghukul, their promise was very important, more than their lives, thus she uphold that promise. Her father, and the whole of Suryavanshi Ikhshavu Raghukul dynasty uphold their promise, if they promised it, willing or unwilling that promise must been fulfilled.

At first she was willing, anticipated even. Maharaj Pandu was famous of his valour, the son he had must be not different from him, he was Kathiravani's father's friend, they met once during the Swayamvar of Maharani Kunti, impressed by his virtue, Maharaj Ranjeet promised him, her daughter to be his daughter in law. 

Her sisters knew that she anticipated it from the moment it revealed to her. And how sad she was when Maharaj Pandu died, how badly she wanted to comfort her future husband, she prayed for him and his family, in hope Narayan could always protect and gave them strength.

But now, she felt so bad. She had fallen in love with a stranger. A Brahmin who she only met for the first and only time.

She took a deep breath, then walked towards the small Shree Vishnu statue in her room, she knelt in front of it,

"Hey, Narayan, you always give me everything i ask for, and never less than that. It's my blessing, but, may i ask for more? Can you make me forget him? I'm not destined to be with him, please erase this feeling from me so that i don't grow adharm in me."

Meanwhile in Dwaraka, Krishna let out a mischievous laugh, everyone looked at him with confusion,

"what happened to you?" Balaram Dau askes, contemplated why his brother acted like this,

"you know, Dau. How can someone ask to forget someone that already her destiny? It's just funny!"