Foreign

Clarisia

The colored leaves rustled softly as my big paws sank into the soft moss.
Jessy's bright wolf caught the dim sunlight filtered through the treetops.
Two figures appeared in the bushes, the two large wolves trotted to my side and signaled Jessy and me to follow them.

The powerful, sand-colored wolf raised his tail tensely, his black nose twitching in the air.
I did the same as Damien and sniffed. The earthy smell of moss mingled with the scent of pine needles and damp wood.
I could filter the anxious scent of a dear and the freshness of the nearby stream.
But another smell mixed with the familiarity of the forest.

The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. Strange Werewolves.
I looked over at Damien's wolf, which pulled up its lips and bared its powerful jaws. Our little pack consisting of Powergroup One started moving.
Our paws trotted silently across the forest floor and we crept crouched through the bushes.

The strange smell increased, they couldn't be far. Damien quickened his pace and we followed our young Alpha.
The exhilarating feeling of the hunt took over me.
Adrenaline pumped through my veins and my perception sharpened.
The birdsong sounded louder in my ears, and if I strained I could hear Jessy's rapid heartbeat next to me.

Damien took a giant leap over a bush, followed by Brian's dark wolf.
I tensed my muscles and jumped through the air. With a tremor, my paws landed between gnarled roots.
Three wolfs turned towards us, ready to attack.

I stood between Brian and Jessy and bared my teeth.
Deep growls escaped my throat.
Damien's wolf took a step forward, watching the strange wolves lurking, his body tense like a bow.
A brown, shaggy wolf began to bulge, his fur sprouting back into his skin and his form changing to that of a man.

A thick beard surrounded the stranger's face, and he raised his hands defensively. "We come in peace."
Brian acknowledged his words with a threatening growl.
"We want to speak to your Alpha", the man continued hastily. The two wolves flanked him protectively, their eyes alert on our figures. "We are envoys of the Silvermoon Pack."

With a loud growl, Jessy rushed forward, but Damien's wolf blocked her path, causing her to crash into his light fur.
"Jessy!" I could hear his voice in my head. Apparently he was communicating with all of us at the same time. "We will welcome them."
"They've invaded our territory!", Jessy's high-pitched voice growled in my mind. Her wolf bared its teeth and stared aggressively over Damien's back at the intruders.

"There are only three of them", Brian chimed in. "We can defeat them."
He crouched slightly, ready to attack.
I surveyed doubtfully the massive wolf figures. A few white hairs ran through the black fur of the smallest wolf.
"They're more experienced than us", I pointed out. "They could be good fighters."
"So are we!", replied Jessy fiercely.

"We will escort them to my father, friendly and respectfully", Damien  ordered briskly.
"Don't!", he added as Jessy curled her lips in displeasure.
She suppressed the rumble in her chest, but the light fur on her neck didn't smooth out.
"Stay in your wolf forms and do what I tell you", he instructed us.

Damien transformed back into his human form. For my taste the tight boxershorts revealed far too much of his ass and his crown jewels.
I looked away and fixed on the black wolf, muscles tense.
"Damien Lynch, young Alpha of the Northern Lake Pack", he introduced himself, his voice hard and signaling the strangers that we weren't here to play. "If you want to speak to my father, we will escort you to him."
His gaze bore into the bearded man's eyes. "But be warned. Our Pack doesn't like strangers."
"And how we don't like them", I grumbled, to which Brian sneezed in amusement.

The two men transformed back into their wolf forms. Brian led our squad while Jessy and I flanked the strange Werewolves. As I knew, an Alpha would never turn his back on a strange wolf, which meant Damien was the last to trot through the forest, always ready to intervene if the whole thing turned out to be a trap.
Our path took us from the edge of the forest through the narrow streets of our village. Dust swirled from the dry earth beneath our paws, leaving a grayish layer on my dark fur.

Curious, I stepped next to the black wolf, he was just a little bigger than me. I lifted my nose into the air and sniffed.
I wanted to know what their squad was up to. Her scent was feminine, but I couldn't smell fear.
The little wolf turned his head and stared at me with his amber eyes.
She raised her dark tail into the air, eliciting a low growl from me.
She could save her dominance behavior.

"Clarisia!", Damien chimed in. "Leave her alone!"
He came to my side, his paws taking over the rhythm of my steps.
I lowered my head slightly. A smug look crept onto the she-wolf's face, her tail rising even higher.
Before I could control myself, my lips twitched and I bared my teeth.

The big, sand-colored wolf quickly snapped at my neck. His teeth struck just above my fur with a loud clack.
It was a warning I had better take seriously.
"Rollins", his deep voice rumbled in my head. "Don't you dare disobey my orders! They are our guests!"
With a frustrated snort, I left the black wolf's side, Damien's powerful wolf on my heels.

As we climbed the slight hill to the Lynch home, I could see our Alpha and Luna already standing in front of the entrance.
Their figures looked upright and with mask-like faces towards the strange wolves.
Apparently, Damien had warned them.
The leaders of our Pack greeted the guests, as Damien had so inappropriately called it, friendly but with stern expressions.
In doing so, they signaled to the intruders that they were just being tolerated and had to respect our Pack.

The young Alpha led the strangers inside the building, his bright tail held high.
Brian, Jessy and I returned to our human forms. Dressed only in sports underwear, we pressed our noses against the dusty window of the main house. Inside we could see our Alpha and Luna offering the strangers something to drink and a warm meal.

Damien came into the room wearing beige trousers and a green shirt, which made the color of his eyes shine even more. The small, dark wolf turned into a woman. White streaks ran through her raven-black, waist-length hair, but her face appeared young.
She noticed my look and winked at me through the window with her amber eyes.