Chapter twelve

-Evelyn POV-

*Two weeks later*

It's been two weeks. Two weeks since i saw her and she still didn't come to school. Two weeks since the day i kissed her. Which i regret but at the same time i don't. Maybe she doesn't even want to see me after what i said to her.

I guess it's my fault I shouldn't have kissed her because its wrong but she doesn't have a reason to be skipping school. I mean it really is a dumb reason, if so meaning she can skip my lessons and my detentions. After all she's still my student and she better act like it. My thinking is cut short after a few moments in the classrom a familiar face gets inside. Ava.

I look at her and she doesn't look the same. She has black circles in her eyes and her expressions remain cold not once looking my way. She takes a seat on her desk and gets ready for the lesson as other students come too.

Once the class is full i get up and present the class topic for today and many eyes on the board but not hers. She is looking at her desk not trying to look not even focused. She doesn't care?

"Miss Wills would be lucky to join us by telling what do you know by this topic?" I say as i look sternly at her and she still avoids my contact only once responding.

"I don't know." She says and she puts her head down and looks away again.

"You don't know Miss Wills is that right?" I ask still waiting for a better answer than this.

"I don't, what is there not to understand?" She raises her voice as a few other student whisper under their teeth.

"Stay after school Miss Wills. That is an order." I say as i now turn to the board not once hearing a response from her again.

That was just something I didn't like she can't just say she doesn't know when I clearly know she's more smart than that. I teach the class the concept of the word and then i let them do some works before i sit down for myself too. The hour goes in a haze as the bell rings signalling for the end of the class. Only a face stays there, her face she doesn't move, doesn't get up almost numb. After all the students are gone i get up from my seat and sit closer to her.

"What was with you today Ava? And why did you miss school for two weeks?" I say looking at her eyes guilt all over me but i don't care.

"I didn't know the lesson because i wasn't paying attention. And second is none of you business." She says no eye contact nor nothing emotionless.

"Then you better pay attention next time and it is my business when it means i kissed you." I say turning to herreaching for her arm but she flinches.

"Who said anything about a kiss, not everything has to do with you." She says a little more louder so i hear.

"Sure if you weren't so obsessed with me maybe but that isn't in the slightest even true."  I say laughing at her response.

"I said it wasn't about you. I didn't miss school because you pulled away after you kissed. That was not the reason i missed school." She says as she starts to pack her stuff and gets up to leave but i stop her. Something happended to her.

"Then why did you?" I ask genuinely concerned.

"None of your business now you leave me alone, you said it yourself nothing much more. Now leave me the fuck alone." She says angry as i stare at her shocked.