chapter i

CHAPTER i
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
The Grey and Hughes family go way back. Both dads played hockey with each other. The kids moms met through the dads. So as soon as Olivia came out the womb she was practically already best friends with the three boys.
She was the eldest daughter of three, her twin siblings, Kai and Ava who are 2 years younger than her. Ava didn't have many friends growing up expecting of course the three Hughes boys, her siblings and her two closest friends, Amelia and Serena. she met Amelia and Serena in the fourth grade when they were put in the same class. they were inseparable since. But Olivia and Luke had a different very special bond. The two were practically attached at the hip.
Olivia held a very vivid memory of when the youngest Hughes and her were little. before she had met Serena and Amelia, Quinn and Jack had made fun of her for not having any friends besides Luke.
Her eyes welled with tears as she sniffled while the two older boys snickered and teased her. Luke was out with Ellen and her mom. And she had nobody to run to except her little siblings but they were only 6 at the time so they wouldn't understand.
When Luke came home with the two moms he rushed to find his best friend sitting in her room. He heard her sniffles and ran up to her. "Whats wrong Sunny?" He asked calling her the nickname that only he could call her. the nickname came up one day when Jack asked her why she was always so happy. so from that day forward Luke has been calling her sunny because of the sun and how sun represents happiness.
"Quinn and jack" she wiped her eyes as Luke frowned. "What did they say?" He inquired as her nose was a rosey pink. "That you're my only friend, and it's pathetic" her voice was squeaky, her little hand reached to wipe her eyes.
"They are jerks" Luke told his best friend as she looked up at him with teary eyes. "I know" she sniffled. He leaned forward and wrapped his arms around the small girl and squeezed her.
"Its okay. Ignore them" Luke reminded her as she nodded her head as he comforted her in the hug. "Im glad im your friend Liv" he whispered as she smiled a bit. "Me too" she felt her cheeks blush.
An unfamiliar feeling grew in her stomach, like butterflies flying around. She felt her face get warm too, and this overwhelmed her. She didn't know what it was.
The warm embrace from Luke helped her gloomy mood go away. And soon the sly remarks from the two older boys soon faded away into deep reverie.