Chapter 12 - Land of Waves I

Naruto was sick of all the D-rank missions his team had to do. In his mind, there was virtually nothing more time wasting and mind numbingly boring then D-rank missions. On top of that, Yugao always made sure to take the missions involving Tora, the devil cat. The stupid cat always escaped the Fire Daimyo's wife, Madam Shijimi.

Flashback

Naruto, Sora, and Rimara were currently doing their first ever mission after becoming offical shinobi for Konoha. It wasn't anything like beating up thugs, breaking into vaults full of gold, or saving a princess. It was trying to find a dumbass cat. Said cat belonged to Madam Shijimi, the wife of the Land of Fire's Daimyo. The cat always managed to escape it's owner, and it was incredibly difficult to capture. Naruto, at many points during the mission, was contemplating on whether to just get over it and use his wooden binds, but decided against it, and to live through the torture. The cat itself was very annoying and aggressive, as it tried to attack anyone near it. All three of the Genin had tried to get the cat using brute force, but all that ended up happening was a bruised and scratched Genin, and a runaway cat. The three new ninja finally were able to hide in the trees and surround the cat.

"Tree here. I have the target in my sights. What should we do? Also why do I get the lame name while you two get the cool ones?" "Oh, stop complaining. We're just better then you. Raven here. The object is moving to the left. Keep your eyes on it, and match it's movements. Tiger, what do you have to say?" "Tiger speaking. Tree, you grab it's legs, and Raven and I will go for it's arms. We have to stop it from moving, Then we take it to the old lady's house." Naruto and Sora spoke in unison. "Right!" Naruto jumped out of the trees, and grabbed ahold of the cat's legs. Sora and Rimara jumped down afterwards and grabbed onto the cat's arms. They started running towards Madam Shijimi's home, to drop off the cat, with their sensei, Yugao, trailing behind, laughing her ass off. Three exhausted Genin arrived at the mansion, and handed the cat over to her owner. The cat started screeching when the fat old lady hugged it, the cat looking as if it was getting all of it's bones pulverized. The young ninjas sighed as they made their way back to the Hokage's office to recieve their payment.

Flashback End

Team 12 had just finished it's 40th D-rank mission the previous day, and all of the members were feeling as if they should do something less brain meltingly boring. Even Yugao was getting bored. There was only so much entertainment she could gain by seeing Genin pulling out weeds, or chasing cats. When the fourth Hokage was about to tell them their next D-rank, Naruto interjected. "Hokage-sama, can we please do something new? These D-ranks are too boring and easy." His other team members started voicing their opinions as well, agreeing with Naruto. Minato couldn't speak up and after hearing their spiel, he spoke. "Well, I guess I could give you all a C-rank..." the three Genin cheered. "but two other teams have been asking for something more fulfilling, so this will be a joint C-rank between teams 7, 11, and 12." Naruto inwardly groaned. He would have to do the mission with his annoying siblings, and another arrogant Uchiha.

Yugao spoke up. "With all due respect, Hokage-sama, my team is more then capable enough to do C-ranks. We don't need the help of other teams." Minato rubbed his temples. "That may be, but I have a feeling that our client may have been lying about the difficulty of the mission, and I don't want to take any chances here. Besides, I'd rather overestimate a mission then underestimate one." Yugao nodded. Minato spoke to two Anbu. "Bring me team 7 and team 11. Tell their sensei that they will be doing a C-rank mission." The Anbu nodded and took off. A couple minutes later, two Jonin, and six disgruntled Genin walked into the Hokage's office. "Tou-san, why did you call us here?" questioned Natsumi. "Well, teams 7, 11, and 12 will be partaking in a joint C-rank mission." Hiruko and Kinato yelled, "It's about time!" Natsumi cheered. Sasuke simply 'Hn-d', Sai was expressionless, and Sakura looked worried. Minato looked behind him, and spoke, "You can come out, Tazuna-san." A large man, who looked drunk and was holding a bottle of sake, opened the door and walked into the room. The Genin looked at the client eagerly.