Cauda 02 - Smiles for Everyone

"The hell am I dealing with?"

Now Playing...

Artist: Zipcult

Song: NE O

The being picked up the barn axe and wielded it

The being picked up the barn axe and wielded it. It moved erratically, appearing to 'skip frames' as it scanned it's three opponents. It stood tall, lanky and at about Nikusa's height.

Its eyes were bloodshot, practically bulging out of its head. It was the only colour present on its body aside from the pale white head and pitch-black body.

S found the creature strange but nonetheless another target. From S' eyes Displo and Solazar could see it. "What magnificent luck.." Displo remarked. Tess would have seen it to had she not stepped out to check on Pompom.

Solazar's first instinct was to pull up the IRIS and TGG databases, begin searching but Displo stopped him. "No need." He adjusted his tie. "This is my expertise. Focus on logistics for the other teams."

"On it." Solazar said, resuming his attention on the cameras.

Opening up the IRIS database, Displo entered the keyword. T_023F. It took a few seconds, but the profile appeared on the screen.

"Someone wanna fill me in? The hell am I dealing with?" S asked. Though he already envisioned several ways he could kill it, he wanted confirmation first.

"That's a trollge. A specific type of abomination. It carries trauma with it. Specifically, that is Case 23, codenamed Smiler. One of the few trollge's who actually escaped the Fall of TCF. "

"Is it killable?" S asked.

Despite its previously hostile behaviour, Smiler just stared at the three, unsure of who to attack first. It stood hunched, breathing heavily. A scowl on it's face indicated it did not like being here.

Still speaking with extreme confidence, Displo continued. "They have extreme durability. The 'correct' way to kill one is to solve its 'riddle'."

"Wat?" S asked.

"It's complicated. A trollge is like a ghost, still here because it has unresolved business. Solve the business and it will vanish."

"Whatever. I don't care what he is. He's mine. Can I just beat it to death?"

"I wouldn't recommend it, S."

"Everything dies." Nikusa added. "Just a matter of how much beating it can take." She said, chuckling.

"We aren't here to collect any abominations so do whatever you want. I don't care." Updike said brashly, turning his comlink back to neutral.

The trollge's eyes finally settled on Nikku. "You." It muttered, bloodshot eyes tearing up. "D-derpina...?"