-28-

Eventually, Billie's voice died down and her expression got more serious. Kat suddenly became hyper aware of how close Billie was sitting, their knees almost touching. In that moment Billie slowly leaned in closer and bend over.

Kat panicked, thinking Billie was about to kiss her as her heart started to race. Even though she backed away, there was a small part, buried deep down within her, that just wanted to give in and feel her soft lips on hers again, but she'd never admit it.  "Billie, I...I can't um"

Billie paused and looked at Kat confused as she took the guitar from Kats lap. Kat was all flustered and when her cheeks flushed red Billie finally realised what Kat thought she would do.

"Kat, I was just reaching for the guitar." Billie grinned. "Though, your reaction is very adorable."

"Oh I - I thought uh," Kat felt her cheeks burn even hotter, embarrassed for misinterpreting the situation.

"I mean not that I would say no, but you said no more making out right?"

"Right, because we're friends."

"Yea,"

"Yea" Kat agreed relieved and strangely disappointed at the same time.

"You know I am glad you're talking to me again, I missed this," Billie smiled.

"Yea, me too," Kat smiled genuinely.

They fell into a comfortable silence. Billie followed Kat's gaze to the blanket-covered wall. "You've been looking at that all evening," she pointed out.

"Yea, sorry I was just wondering, did you draw on the wall?"

"I did, it's kind of like therapy you know. Getting it all out somewhere"

Kat nodded understandingly.

Billie hesitated for a second before she offered: "You wanna see it?"

"I do," Kat replied, surprised Billie trusted her enough to show her. "I mean if you're comfortable to share it, otherwise don't feel pressured to do anything"

"Nono, I am comfortable with you, just fyi, it's a little depressing, so I usually don't show it to anyone and hide it with this blanket." Billie flashed a smile but her eyes remained emotionless as she stood up and walked over to it.

With a deep breath, Billie pulled the blanket away, revealing the wall covered in various drawings and phrases. First it made Kat gasp. The sight of it was heavy. Among these, a more lighthearted scribble declared, "Ya dick stank," which made Kat chuckle.