09. prince's offer

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵.

"𝘈𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘭𝘭, 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘢𝘺."

𝘈𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘗𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘒𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘥.

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

Dead? I found that very ridiculous.

"What do you mean by dead?" I finally opened my mouth and asked.

The emperor only stashed a file of papers on the table, and I was obliged to pick it up.

With his encouragement, I took a look at the contents and was immediately flabbergasted.

This is a death certificate... with my name written on it.

This means only one thing.

"You faked my death," I said.

The emperor briefly looked at me and nodded in confirmation.

"You should be thanking me for sparing you from serving your sentence. If not for me, you would be tending to the commoners with deadly diseases in the rural area."

He looked so confident when he said that; it felt like he was trying to make me worship him for saving me.

But rather than gratitude, he only caused me anger and the urge to punch his face.

I won't do that, of course. I refused to die when I only just punched his face.

For now, I'll cater to his every whim, then I'll think about escaping afterwards.

I bowed my head deeply and thanked him in the way he wanted.

"Thank you for this opportunity, Your Majesty. I shall repay you with my loyalty."

And that "loyalty" got me to the next point.

After weeks of lessons, only then I departed to the neighboring empire where I was welcomed by the man who I would wed in three days.

Until now, I wasn't able to find an opening for escape. The emperor made sure that I won't be going anywhere but this place.

So, my last hope would be the man I'm going to marry. I hope that he would agree to my ridiculous request.

I decided to arrange a meeting with him.

◆:*:◇:*:◆:*:◇:*:◆

It was a fine sunny day when I met with him once again.

Prince Khalid was the second in line to the Kharvena throne. However, he wasn't as influential as his other brothers.

Thus, the emperor saw this as an opportunity to lend him what he lacked: the support from a very influential figure.

Of course, there must be something that the prince should give in return, and that is money.

From these alone, it was obvious that the emperor wanted to surpass the Blodens in terms of wealth.

The royal family might be superior in terms of status and authority, but they still lacked money, something that House Bloden abundantly have.

"I thank you for taking your time out for me. I'll make this quick, so please listen carefully."