We finished later that night and we both watched Pastor Chris walk out the door. Mr Andrew had offered to pay for his hotel bills but Pastor Chris had declined, saying that he already had a place and he would be coming over until it was time for him to return to Ekiti.

The silence that stretched around us for once was devoid of tension, a lingering peace filling the air. My chest that would normally feel heavy felt light, devoid of the oppressing feeling that had always hovered above me.

"He's a good guy," Mr Andrew whispered. I nodded, reminiscing, as I tried to wrap my head on what had happened these past few days. So much had happened, things that should normally have shaken me, set me on edge or at least traumatized me, yet I felt at peace, at a loss for words.

I couldn't stop the smile that spread across my face. A genuine one that had formed, something that hadn't happened in months. Mr Andrew turned to me, his usually dark expression mirroring the same relief that held mine. We chuckled. I noticed the sparkle that had returned in his eyes and he almost looked like the boy in his picture. I stared down at it, once again allowing my eyes to be drowned in the crinkled photograph that I gripped.

The sadness settled within me and I smoothened the fold of the pictures, still wishing that there was something we could do to bring her back. I heard Mr Andrew clear his throat and my eyes snapped to his. He sighed, shoulders hunching as he moved from where he had formerly leaned against the arm chair.

"I am so sorry." He whispered as he dropped to his knees right in front of me. My eyebrows shot up before he grabbed my hands.

"I should have never left. I should have never denied you or your mother. I should have never acted like the coward I was and stormed out of your life. I know you deserve so much better," his voice cracked, his eyes glistening with unshed tears even as I felt my heart tighten.

"But I will be a better father, with Gods' help I want to become someone that you would be proud of. Someone that would be worth your forgiveness. I know I am the very reason for every single tear you must have shed, for the pain that your mother had to bear. I may not be able to make it up to your mother," By now the tears raced down his cheeks, giving me a glimpse of the broken man that lay behind his walls.

"But I want to make it up to you. Please give me a chance to."

A lump lodged in my throat. The urge to loathe him, to despise him for what he had done held me down. Instead, tears filled my eyes and my vision strained. I saw myself falling to my knees and embracing him, startling him as he stiffened under the contact.

"I love you." He finally whispered as he held me close. We both grieved in each other's arms, feeling her loss as her memories filled my mind. Before long, I pulled back, my cheeks wet as I blinked to push back stray tears.

"You look so much like her." He said softly, eyes warm with adoration. I nodded and he stood up, helping me up also.

"The principal would be so angry that I had extended my leave. It was just supposed to be four days." He muttered to himself.

And then it hit me. I had missed four days of school, four days worth of classes and possible quizzes or tests.

"How did I  forget about school so quickly?" I muttered to myself and Mr Andrew gave a sad smile.

"Alot was going on, school seems inconsequential when your life is on the line," He paused, "But everything is fine now, will be fine anyway. Whatever that thing was, it's gone, it's no longer going to hurt you or any of us."

I remembered the screams of the woman.

Avenge me!

"Why would a spirit prey on innocent humans?" I asked, a bit frazzled by that particular scream that had filled my mind.