Excerpt: a little sneak peek

My heart pounded in my chest as the argument with Taehyung reached its peak

My heart pounded in my chest as the argument with Taehyung reached its peak. I had been dodging his calls, avoiding him like the plague, why? 

Because I had another sex dream of him! 

But now that we were face to face and the tension in the air was palpable, instead of my utmost efforts to dodge him today, he summoned me. 

“You've been ignoring my calls, Maya. What's going on?” Taehyung's voice was a mix of frustration and curiosity, his eyes penetrating mine, sucking my own soul out of my body. 

“Are you already bored of being a CEO and decided to be my nanny?" 

I crossed my arms around my chest, his gaze dropped for a second on my cleavage, perfectly adorned in the black corset top. “Answer my question.” He demanded and I clenched my jaw, refusing to let him  know the chaos he caused in my mind. 

“Maybe I'm just not interested in your incessant calls, Mr. Kim. Ever think of that?”

As we exchanged heated words, my phone rang again, by again I meant for the hundredth time. Nate had been calling me since last night and decided to be the second reason to ruin my day. The first reason was standing right in front of me, in black tailored suit, looking absolutely breath—shut up! 

I sighed in frustration. Taehyung noticed, his eyes narrowing.

“Who keeps calling you?” he demanded, a hint of concern cutting through the tension. And my frustrations converted into anger in a flash of a second, he was getting under my skin with his calm yet authoritative voice. 

“Stop being bossy! It doesn't suit you.”

I lied. He was doing great with this new avatar of him, and I hated to accept that he looked more hot. 

His gaze flickering towards my face then to my phone as if it was his source of disturbance. 

With every word exchanged with him, I didn't realise I stepped closer to him. I found myself drawn closer to Taehyung, the space between us shrank with every heated word exchanged. His breath mingled with mine, our faces mere inches apart, and my pulse quickened.

He was standing so close to me. 
No.

I was standing closer to him. 

So close, that my nipples that had turned stone hard grazed on the velvety fabric of his suit. 

Fuck! 

It was then that I felt it—the magnetic pull of his lips, the intoxicating allure of his proximity. My gaze flickered down to his mouth, my thoughts spiraling into a whirlwind of desire and confusion, which I had been trying to avoid for the last two years, since that night. I had been trying to forget his touch, the way he felt on my skin, the way his lips danced on my body.