Broken Curse

-September, 7 2022-

"Mother" Mallory called from upstairs.

"Yes, mal?" Cheryl yelled from downstairs. Mallory walked down the stairs, hesitating as she looked at her outfit.

"Do you think this outfit is nice or not?"

-Skip the shoes-

Cheryl, with a smile on her face, commented on Mallory's outfit, "Yes Mal, you look fine," as she wiped the table clean

Archie, shaking his head, intervened, "No, no, no, I think not. Go change, please," walking over to give Cheryl a kiss on the cheek.

"Dad, come on, it's nice, and Mom said I could wear it," Mallory protested.

"No! The shoes are too much," Archie declared, fixing his gaze on Mallory.

"Hmm," Mallory huffed, crossing her arms.

"Come on, Archie, let her be. She's trying out for the cheer team," Cheryl intervened.

"Like mother, like daughter," Archie quipped, rolling his eyes.

"Of course. Now, Mal, to the car. I'll be right out," Cheryl said, ushering Mallory towards the door.

Mallory walked out to her mother's car. She got inside and settled in, waiting for her mother to come outside and drive her to school. Just then, she heard a ding coming from her phone. Curious, she picked it up and saw a message from Carmen. (Veronica's daughter)

Mafia kid💲: MALLLLLL GUESS WHATTTTTT

Me: WHATTTT!!!!!

Mafia kid💲: WE HAVE A NEW KIDDDDDDD!!!!

Me: WHO? 🤔

Mafia kid💲: I DONT KNOW BUT THE TEACHER IS TELLING US!!!!

Me: OMGGGG MY MOM NEEDS TO HURRRRRYY TFF UPPPPPP!!!

Mafia kid💲: IKKKKK I HOPE HES HOT🤭

Me: HORNYY ASSSS 🤣😂

Mafia kid💲: I AMMMM IM OVER THE BOISS AT THIS SCHOOLLLL

Me: ME TOOOOOO

Mafia kid💲: YOU HAVENT EVEN DATED ANYONEEEEE!!

Me: YEAH WHY IS THAT BECAUSE THEIR ANNOYING AND DIRTY ASFFFF

Mafia kid💲: OH SHIT TEACHER COMINGGGG TALK LATER IN HURRY BEFORE THEY GET HEREEEEE YOUR LATEEE

Me: I AM TRYINGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

Mallory, casually set her phone aside and playfully honked the horn to alert her mom who was rushing out of the house. Her mom swiftly hopped into the car, and Cheryl cheerfully began to drive her to school.

Mallory's Pov

I walked into school, feeling a bit flustered as I needed a permission slip due to being late. While waiting in the office, I noticed a brunette girl waiting there as well. She seemed unfamiliar to me, and I couldn't help but wonder if she was new to the school. But then again, wasn't Carmen talking about a new boy joining our school? Hmm, interesting.

"Hey, preppy," the new girl said to me as I looked up from my phone, taken aback by her.

"Me?" I responded, slightly surprised.

"Who else, no one's in the room," she said with a smile, opening a piece of paper in her hand.

"Where is P.E.?" She asked, showing me her class list.

"Oh, looks like we have the same classes. I'll show you," I offered, glancing at the paper. She agreed, and we made our way to P.E. together.

"Are you new here?" I asked, glancing down at the floor.

"Yeah," she replied.

"I thought so, since I know everyone else here. Did you recently move to Riverdale?" I inquired.

"Something like that," she answered as we reached the P.E. door, "Thanks, by the way," she added, walking into the P.E. classroom. 

I observed the Southside Serpent mark on her jacket as she walked away. It made me wonder if she had lived in the Southside before moving here. Regardless, I shrugged off the thought and made the decision to skip Physical Education class, which I really disliked, and instead made a choice to wait in the office for someone to arrive.

Tiny's Pov

After school, I finally decided to look for my locker, and I was actually looking for that redhead to help me. As I was walking down the halls, I ran into my mom.

"Hello, Miss. Fogarty," Toni said, looking at me.

"Hello, Mrs. Topaz," I said, looking back at her. I use my father's last name even though I'm a Topaz. My mother has done this since I was a child so people don't know we're related and I won't be bullied for it.

"Shouldn't you be in class?"

I replied, "No, Mr. Johnson let us out early. I was just looking for my locker and then heading to the study lounge. If that's okay."

"That's fine, Tiny. Where's your locker?" she asked.

"Can you tell me where my locker is?" I asked.

"Of course! You're in Abbey hall, so you'll need to go through Bell hall to get to Camp hall, also known as C hall," Mom explained.

"Thanks, Mom," I replied softly.

"No problem, kiddo. Now hurry along," she said, gently urging me on.

I started to walk away when my mom yelled "Wrong way." I turned around, smiling at her, walking down the hall, looking for the street signs next to the walls.

I finally made it to C Hall and saw the redhead from earlier, she was right across from my locker. She was kind of cute. I knew I was going to regret this but fuck it.

"Hey preppy," I said cheerfully as I walked up towards her.

She gave me a look as if she was tired of it all and replied, "Do I know you?, what's up with this 'preppy' thing?"

"Oh wow, girl, I apologize. I don't know your name?" I asked.

"My name is Mallory, Mallory Blossom Andrews. And you are?" she answered.

"I'm Tiny Fogarty," I said with a smile.