The Taste Of Childhood

The obvious tension is in the air. Adam's face is red from anger. His eyes are sharp, piercing through Hera's heart.

She gritted her teeth so hard it could've break. Hera clutched her fists tightly, turning her knuckles white.
Just as she was about to speak her line, an embarrassing and loud grumbles echoes all through the set. It's an obvious sign that Hera is indeed, hungry.

Now her face that was red with anger turned even redder - yet it was because of shame. Her spiteful tongue suddenly went cold. All eyes that were witnessing their act suddenly feels like they're burning her alive.

A loud snap from the director's hand finally breaks the agonising silence. "Cut!" His hand high in the air, gathering everyone's attention on him. Hera brought her hands onto her face. Covering herself as if to decrease any potential embarrassment.

It has been almost a week since her last visit to the homely restaurant that managed to fulfill her hunger. Since then, she has been living based off intant noodles and random fermented food in her fridge. Sometimes, she would be too tired to eat and would just sleep the hunger away.

How she regrets pushing herself to the point of deprivation, now Hera has to pay the price.

"I'm... So sorry," was all that managed to get out of her mouth. Hand still covering her red face. Her co-star, Adam Doherty had a mocking smirk on his face. "My, is that why you have such a slim figure? You're starving yourself?" His tone sounded as if he's
insulting her. Perhaps he's joking, or maybe it is a genuine question. Still, it made her feel worst.

Of course, she is not starving herself at all. If anything, she loves food more than anyone. It's just that...
How could Hera admits it?
Admitting the fact she can't cook is as embarrassing as her sudden grumbling stomach echoing throughout the set.

She sighed heavily, finally dropping her hands off her face. Her cheeks still flushed red from embarrassment. "I'm not! I am just too busy working there and there, I haven't got the time to look after myself. I guess, all that deprivation had caught up with me today.." She snapped back.

Adam scratched his head, feeling a bit bad for accusing her of such. "Oh um, well, sorry... For that." Hera didn't mind him any attention after that. She hugged her body tight. She can still feel the acid in her stomach, splashing around as a protest and alarming her to swallow some food. Or they will embarrass her once more.

Hera walked down the set to grab her bottled water. Perhaps chugging some down will calm down her monstrous lousy stomach. But is it really it's fault, though? As hard as it is to cook, Hera did not put much effort to feed herself. Of course, the lack in that skill is the main reason she's unable to eat very well, but the fact that she chooses to ignore the hunger by sleeping or making herself busy with work are also one of the culprits too.

While Hera is in her busy mind, the director went to her. He cleared his throat, trying to alarm her of his presence. "Well, Miss Jenkins, you alright? That was... Very unpleasant, indeed. But I can't ignore the fact that you might be quite malnourished. Are struggling with an eating disorder?" He whispered the last part loud enough only for Hera's ears to catch on.

Her eyes shot up. "Goodness, no. I'm thankful that you're concerned with me... But truth is I've been too busy with everything and failed to fulfill my body's needs. That is all. We should continue the scene now." Hera defended herself. She pursed her lips, then followed a small cough.

"I'm sorry for ruining the recording. I will do better, everyone." Hera announces, and bowed as a sign of regret and sorries. The director, still standing by her, fingers pinching between his eyebrows. He sighed.
"We will wrap this up for today. Let us continue recording next week. I will see you guys again, hopefully healthier." His grey eyes exchanged a look with Hera's.