A Cup Of Thank You

Hi guys! ☺️💜

If you are here, it means you've gone on the winding road, down the rabbit hole and reached the ending of my Open Novella Contest 2024 entry, "Love, Dad!"

Its word count stands at jus' a smidgen under 30 000 words with twelve chapters in total.

I have to admit I found it super hard to juggle young adult and literary fiction elements, so this booklet was quite a challenge for me to write!

Not to say that I am not pleased with how it all turned out but, when it was all said and done, I thought I might give April and Dave more scenes in the future, before the August 2024 ends.

I shall try and give their characters even more depth than they currently have!

More Dave sass!

More April smarts!

More hitchiking side characters! (perhaps) 😳

As a final cute curiosity, here is an overview of a road map: the tiny blue Pontiac cars are the places that Dave and April stopped to rest on their way from Niagara Falls to L.A.

I would like to thank anyone, anywhere, who has, anywhen, found the time to peek into my Open Novella 2024 Contest entry and support in in any manner!

All your reads, votes, wonderful reviews meant the world to me!

Many of the suggestions you made in the comment section led me boldly towards the finish line of this first draft, 🏁 giving me a fresh set of ideas, aiding me to push forward and beat the deadline.

Thank you, organisers and judges of Open Novella Contest, who tirelessly work year after year, coming up with prompts, pouring over our entries, making this competition happen and connecting writers across the platform. ❣️

I would ALSO like to extend congratulations to all of the participants of the ONC 2024 contest!

You are writing/have written a book (or two, or three or four or FIVE o.O OR MORE THAN FIVE. This is madness!), based off the prompt, in three feckin' months!

How on Earth did you manage that?

You, yes you! You are amazing.

Thank you for fighting by my side, in this (nick of time) Timeline Battle.

Regardless of our results in the contest, or the timeline in which we will have completed our entries in, even merely being inspired by the prompts offered can take us far in the future, turning our ONC works into polished masterpieces, upping the numbers in our book catalogue.

We rock! 🤘🏻🎸🪨