49.

Harmony

"Oh god! I'm crying already!" Aaliyah sighs, blinking back her tears as best she can.

"You and me both, fuck." Chloe sniffles

"I haven't even shown you guys my hair and makeup yet. Or my dress." I laugh from the bathroom.

Booked the ensuit in the hotel to get ready. It's a very large room with an absolutely massive and beautiful bathroom. The lighting was better in here for my makeup artist and hairstylist to do their work.

"Hurry up and come out here then!" Iris says eagerly. There's murmurs of agreement in the room from my mum, Denise and my two best friends.

"Okay okay!" I laugh. Pulling my silk robe a little tighter before I walk out to reveal the first part of my look.

"Oh harms!" My mum sighs contently. Eyes glassy already. We're an emotional bunch as you can tell.

"You look...angelic!" Denise states, taking in my face and hair.

"So stunning! My best friend is so stunning!" Aaliyah sniffles, thanking Chlo as she passes her a tissue to wipe her eyes.

"I can only imagine how beautiful you're going to look in your dress!" Iris says, walking closer to give me the big sister hug I've been needing and will be needing a lot of today.

"I love you!" I say as I squeeze her gently.

"Okay, let's get out of your hair so you can get this dress on!" Mum says.

Everyone leaves including my makeup artist and hairstylist and now I'm in the room all alone. The wedding ceremony starts at twelve and it's about ten thirty now. Most of my personal preparations are done. Makeup and hairs done, jewellery's on. And I know what I'm saying for my speech.

Hopefully Jude has his speech prepared but I wouldn't have much faith in that knowing that without me he's the most unorganised man on the earth. And we haven't seen each other since yesterday afternoon.

Didn't let him sleep with me because I'm superstitious and I believe it's bad luck to be in the same bed the night of the wedding. I don't know, we've had so much bad luck during our relationship, I can't afford for more.

I check my phone, see a text message from my soon to be husband saying he loves me and can't wait to see me walk down the isle. It's all cute and sappy. I respond, biggest smile on my lips.

I still have some time and I'm not getting into my dress just yet, so I grab my clipboard and slip out of my hotel room, make my way down to the lobby and out to where my wedding is being set up.

I need to make sure everything is being set up correctly. It's my dream day. It has to be perfect.

"Hi Miss Simmons." The hotel manager greets me as I step onto the sand, looking at everything being constructed.

"Hi, how's everything going?" I smile, glancing around.

"Wonderful. We're on schedule." She assures.