Even if you choose justice, it is hard...

Baran just finished the call with Okhan when someone knocked on the door. "Come in." His friend Kerem entered the room. "Baran, what happened? I came as fast as I could. Sorry, Dilan. I didn't see you. How are you?" Baran signaled for him to sit on the chair before his desk. His wife, who was opposite his friend, replied to him. "I'm fine, Kerem. Thank you." Baran went straight to the point. "Kerem, what is the status of limitations for murder?" His friend was stunned. "It would depend on the circumstances. Why would you ask that?" He gave his friend a summary of the events of that morning. "I see. In this case, the crime is still punishable. But we have to move fast." Baran nodded. "Okhan said the same just now. I wanted to be sure." His friend was still in shock. "Baran, I don't know what to tell you. I'll do whatever you need me to." He was glad he had a dependable friend like Kerem around. "Thank you, Kerem... I need you to coordinate with Okhan. I don't want my uncle ever to see the light of day. I want him to receive the harsher punishment allowed by the law." His friend was already thinking of the best course of action. He was in his lawyer mode. "Don't worry, brother. I will get in contact with some criminal law professors. I will reclute whoever I need to and see this through. You can count on it." Baran knew it. That is why he called him. His friend got up and headed to the door. "We have no time to waste. Is Okhan coming to take your uncle?" Baran nodded. "He will be here any minute now." Opening the door, he said his goodbyes and promised to keep Baran informed on the case.

Dilan was concentrated on tending Baran's hand. "Dilan." She raised her face to look at him. "Could you call everybody to the living room? I need to tell them my decision." Dilan put the medicine away and got up. "Yes, no problem. I'll be right back." Before she left, she turned to him. "Baran, Firat." He had forgotten about his cousin. He nodded, and she went out. Baran stared at his phone. His cousin needed to know, but that was not a conversation to have over the phone. He decided they had to talk face-to-face. Baran made the call. "Yes, cousin?" Firat answered fast. "Firat, I need you to come to the mansion as soon as possible. It can't go beyond today." His cousin sounded confused. "Why, Baran. Is there something wrong?" He insisted. "I want you here, Firat. We will talk after you arrive." He ended the call. He didn't want to leave his cousin any room to dilate the matter. Soon after, Dilan came back. "Everyone is waiting for you." Baran got up from his chair, fixed his clothes, and headed out with Dilan. Upon entering the living room, Baran scanned the space. Cihan and his dad sat together with their backs to the fish tank. His grandmother was sitting in front of him. Ms. Kader was standing near the stairs. Baran asked her to sit next to his grandmother. He and Dilan sat in the chairs with their backs to the pool. "I won't make this long. I thought about it and made a decision regarding Mr. Hassan." His grandmother began crying again. "I've contacted Okhan, and they will be here to take him to the police station pretty soon. His crime can't go unpunished. So I will let the justice system do its work." Ms. Azade cried out loud. "No, my son. You can't do that to my son." Baran stood. "Your son is a murderer, Ms. Azade. And murderers belong in jail."

Baran walked out, and Dilan followed him.  On their way, they could hear Ms. Azade's cries. She was begging Cihan and Mr. Kudret to intercede for her son. Baran headed upstairs. Entering the bathroom, he splashed some water on his face. He stared at his reflection in the mirror and let the water drip down his beard. Dilan reached for him and hugged him from behind. "I'm here." She didn't know what else to say. He covered her hands with his. "I know. That is the only reason I'm not losing my mind right now. Because you are with me, Dilan." She let go and took a towel. He turned around, and she gently dried his face. "Are you okay?" He seemed to be thinking about it. "I'm not sure. My grandmother..." She grabbed his face. "I know it is hard to understand. But he is her son. You can't be mad at her." He pulled her close to him and rested his head on hers. "What did you do about Firat?" She wanted to keep him talking. "I called him and asked him to come. I didn't want to tell him over the phone." She smiled warmly at him. "You did good." Baran took a strand of Dilan's hair close to his nose and inhaled her scent. Letting go, he walked her inside their room. Both sat on the bed. "He should arrive here in a few hours. By then, his father would be already gone." She put her arm around him, and he leaned on her shoulder. "How do you think he would react?" She brushed his hair. "I have no idea, Dilan. Firat has indeed changed over the last few months. However, the man is his father. So we must be ready for everything." She pondered on it. "You are right. It won't be easy for him to accept the truth. I had a hard time accepting what my father did myself."