Thirty One

A/N: HELLO! Okay, so this note is for the OG readers who may be confused about what this is. Basically I'm rewriting the end of this story because I've been extremely dissatisfied with how it turned out last time... I'll be keeping a lot of scenes from the last draft, but will tweak them, and there will be more chapters (I'm planning to add a lot more Ezra POV's!!!). Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this! Happy reading <3

˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧
Indi
Excitement hums through my bones as I wait for Ezra to walk into AP Bio. I've been up since five, and I had to go for my first run since Monday in order to calm down the overbearing joy.

It's not like we'll be able to kiss or even talk much in school. But he's got a real handsome face. Now I have every right to stare at it.

Sure enough, he walks into class just two minutes before the bell rings. He has two cups of coffee in his hands and a wide smile spreads across his lips when we make eye contact.

His long legs carry him to where I'm sitting and the scent of his cologne surrounds the air around me. Intoxicating as always.

Ezra sets my iced coffee on my desk. But then he dips his head to kiss me on the cheek.

I flinch and wave him away. "Not here, Clancy," I whisper.

His smile falters the slightest, but he doesn't argue. "I'm sorry," he says, his tone light as he walks to the desk beside me and takes a seat.

I turn to face him. "You can't tell anyone yet," I say, leaning forward so I can keep my voice low. "Lucas will go mad."

"He'll have to know eventually."

I try to inhale, but I don't get very far. I'm not ready for the argument that Lucas will start if he finds out. "I know," I reply. "Just give me some time, okay?"

His eyes dart away for a split second before coming back to mine. "Okay," he replies with a grin that doesn't seem totally genuine.

The class begins smoothly. I manage to focus a lot better on Mrs. Janko's lecture than I was expecting to. Although, every once in a while, I can't help but look over at Ezra. He meets my eyes every single time, and I'm always the first to look away. Turns out, a few kisses doesn't change the thrill I get from those little moments. If anything, what happened has made them even more exciting.

Once she's done with her verbal presentation, Mrs. Janko closes her binder and claps her hands together once. "Three quizzes today. You have the remainder of the class to get them done."

Everyone gets out of their seats and makes a beeline towards the laptop cart. Ezra winds up in front of me, but I don't think he notices I'm right behind him.

He looks over at my desk, sees it's empty, then looks behind him. Our eyes meet and we smile at the same time.

"I'll be right back," he says in a voice only loud enough for me to hear. "Be ready to leave."

My eyebrows pinch together in confusion, but I don't get the chance to reply before he walks over to Mrs. Janko's desk.

She looks up from her computer. Raises an eyebrow. Looks at me. Looks back at him. And nods.

Ezra puts his palms together and from here I can see him say thank you before turning around. His eyes fall on me almost instantly and he angles his head towards the exit. I have no idea what's happening, but I follow him to the door.

He holds it open for me and I step out of the classroom before turning around. "What's going–" I don't get the chance to finish my sentence because as soon as the door shuts, Ezra has my face in his hands and his lips on mine.