Chapter 24.

♡George pov♡

I woke up to Karl pushing me around in a wheelchair. My mouth tasted weird.

"Karl?" I asked.

"What?" He replied.

"Why does my mouth taste sweet?" I questioned.

How did I even get in the middle of the hospital? I was just in my room.

"We got ice cream." He stated.

"I don't remember that." I told him.

"I know you're confused, but I'll let your doctor explain when we get back to the room." He said.

I nodded, and we soon got back to the room. Karl knocked before opening the door. We went in, and I noticed Clay was crying. He was obviously trying to hide it. I wheeled my chair over to the bed. He looked away from me. I grabbed his hand.

"Love, why are you crying?" I asked.

He shook his head, trying to stop. I looked at Karl and Sapnap. They both had their arms crossed, looking a little upset. I began to grow frustrated.

"Will someone fucking tell me what's going on?" I asked angrily.

The doctor stood.

"Can I talk to George and Clay alone?" She asked.

Sap and Karl left the room. My doctor helped me out of the chair and sat me on the edge of the bed next to Clay.

"George, I know this is gonna be very hard to hear, but I want to be honest with you." She said.

I slowly nodded, scared for what she was about to tell me.

"You have a disorder caused by severe amounts of trauma. It's called age regressing. Have you ever heard of that?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"Basically, you go into episodes acting like a small child. You black out and don't remember these episodes. During these episodes, you speak and act like a child. It's a defense mechanism for your brain. I've already talked to Clay about getting you a caretaker, but he refused. He wants to help you himself." She told me.

"Is that why I couldn't remember how I got downstairs?" I asked.

She nodded.

"I think you regressed to about the age of seven. The age you regress to can vary." She stated.

"And I can't control it? You can't put me on meds or something? Anything?" I asked desperately.

That's so embarrassing. I don't want to be like this. I don't want to unintentionally act like a child.

"No, I'm sorry." She said.

I felt my eyes watering. The tears immidiantly rolled down my face.

No wonder Clay was crying. He's probably embarrassed of me. He'll want to break up. Who wants to be with someone who acts like a child?

"I don't want to do this. I can't." I broke down sobbing.

The doctor rested a gentle hand on my knee. Suddenly, Clay pulled me into a hug. I felt his body shaking with sobs as well.

"I'm sorry." I sobbed into his shoulder.

He got himself composed enough to talk.

"This isn't your fault, George. This doesn't change the way I feel about you. I'm still in love with you. You're still my boyfriend. I'll look into this, and I'll learn how I can help you. You mean the fucking world to me. I wouldn't just leave you over a disorder you can't control." He told me.