Chapter Twenty

*Tom Riddle*

"WHO DARES INTRUDE IN MY HOME?!" a voice boomed and I jumped spinning on my heel quickly to see a now glaring form of Salazar Slytherin looking down at Hadrian and me. "Well?"

"Holy Merlin balls," Hadrian whispered.

"Apologises sir," I said shaking out of my shock. "We did not mean to intrude we were just looking around."

"Who are you and how did you find this place?" Salazar demanded crossing his arms.

"I'm Hadrian Potter and this is my friend Tom Riddle," Hadrian said. "We were portkeyed here by a box with a lion, snake, and phoenix emblem on it."

"That is impossible," Salazar said. "That box is in a vault where no one can enter."

"We were permitted to enter the vault by Azrael and Nyxia," Hadrian said. "They said we were the new holders of a soul-connecting prophecy."

  "We found your journal and the box that portkeyed us here," I said out of shock. 

  "That is impossible," Salazar said. "I and my brother are the holders of that prophecy. What year is it?"

  "Nineteen ninety-five," I said. "Sir, you died several centuries ago."

  "All of the history books say you died during a duel with Godric Gryffindor," Hadrian said. 

  "That is not what happened," Salazar snapped as he pinched the bridge of his nose before staring down at us. "Am I the only portrait that you have found?"

  "Yes sir," I said. "There are other portraits?"

  "Yes," Salazar said. "If what you are saying is true then magic herself is in danger and you will need all the help you can get to save her. We need to find Godric's portrait and Merlin's."

  "Where would we find those?" Hadrian asked.

  "Godric would be hidden in his family's vault," Salazar said. "Merlin's portrait is hidden in a vault protected by my baby."

  "Your baby?" I asked curious but Salazr just waved his hand. 

  "Get me down from here," Salazar demanded. "We must retrieve Godric quickly. You still have the box?"

  "I think we left it downstairs," Hadrian said and he ran out of the room. I quickly shrank Salazar's portrait so he was easier to carry before following after Hadrian and finding him in the entryway holding the wooden chest. "Here it is."

  "Hold onto the chest and say Lion's Den," Salazar said and I placed my free hand on the chest while Hadrian recited the words, and everything spun making me feel nauseated before settling. Blinking my eyes I looked around our surroundings and saw we were standing outside a large cabin on a clearing overlooking a lake.

  "Are you alright child?" Salazar asked and I turned to see Hadrian crouched on the ground looking like he was about to throw up.

  "Fine," Hadrian said. "I don't do very well with magic travel and this is the third time we have done that today."

  "Sorry," I winced and Hadrian stood up before he looked up at the cabin. 

  "The vault is located in the basement," Salazar said and we headed towards the front door. "Just be careful. Godric left his home guard by a..."

  Salazar didn't finish his sentence because as Hadrian opened the door a loud growl sounded and something huge and yellow burst out the door knocking Hadrian to the ground with a loud painful thud.