What Is Love?

Continued....

"Coffee..!" Anubhav placed a cup of coffee in front of Haseena, settling in his DSP's chair.

"Thank you..!" She gave him a soft smile. "Samjh nhi aa raha hai koi kyu hum par attack karega.?" She said, lost in thought.

"Kyunki tum Meri Wife ho isliye..!" He replied before sipping his coffee, causing her to look at him.   "Koi mujhse badla lene ke liye tumhe harm karna chahta hai..!" He added, guilt evident in his eyes. Sensing his feelings, she placed her hand on his, which was resting on the desk, prompting him to look into her eyes.

"Don't worry, Haseena itni bhi kamzor nhi hai ki tumhare dushmano ko handle na kar sake..tum apna kaam imaandari se karo, mujhe kuch nhi hoga..!" She said with a reassuring smile.

"I don't want to lose you Haseena...!" He suddenly confessed, surprising her. Gazing into each other's eyes, they became lost in the moment, and time seemed to stand still for them.

A notification on his phone interrupted them, causing them to come back from each other’s eyes.

"Ahem.. ahem.. mujhe hospital jaana chahiye ab..!" Haseena said nervously, rising from the chair and trying to steady herself.

"Main chhod deta hoon tumhe..!" Anubhav suggested with a smile, walking towards her.

"Nhi, rehne do.. Cab se chali jaungi..!" Haseena replied, running her fingers through her hair, which made his gaze linger on her. He didn’t know why, but her simple gesture captivated him, seemed to lure him towards her.

He turned his gaze away, took a deep breath, and then smiled at her.

"Main chhod deta hoon.." He said, holding her hand.

"Don't worry, Anubhav, Kuch nhi hoga mujhe Tum kaam par focus karo..." She replied with a reassuring smile. Then, rising on her toes, she placed a gentle kiss on his forehead. He closed his eyes, wrapped his arms around her waist, and pulled her in.

"JAI HIND, SIR!" A loud female voice came through the cabin door, making them step back and look towards the source. Two female cops stood there with smiles.

One was in her early fifties, and the other in her mid-twenties.

"Jai Hind, Sir!" Both saluted Anubhav.

"Jai Hind! Aap dono yahan kaise, Pushpa ji?" He asked with a smile, though his eyes shot daggers for interrupting their moment.

"Sir, hum toh yahan file par sign lene aaye the, par lag raha hai galat samay par aa gaye..." Pushpa ji replied with a smile, glancing at Haseena, whose hand was still holding Anubhav's.

"Galat time par aaye toh aaye, lekin usse bhi jyada galat time par aapne bol kar galat kar diya, Pushpa ji,  Sir aur unki wife ke beech kitna romantic moment chal raha tha..." The younger cop said with a frown.

"Santu!" Pushpa ji shushed Santosh while Anubhav and Haseena exchanged a look.

"Kya Santu *taunting* Pushpee... DSP sir chhutti toh dete nahi ek movie dekhne ke liye, aur jab live mil raha tha toh aapne disturb kar diya..." Santosh taunted innocently.

"Constable Santosh Sharma.." Anubhav called her sternly.

"I know, sir, gussa hai aap aise disturb karne ke liye, par I swear  sir, main nhi karna chahti thi par Yeh Pushpa ji inhe maza aata hai yeh sab karne mein, isliye aap inhe suspend kar sakte hai..." Santosh said in flow flow.

Pushpa ji looked at her in shock. "Santu, kya bol rahi ho? Nhi, Sir, bilkul nahi... humne kuch bhi nahi kiya!" Pushpa ji said, scared of Anubhav's anger.