CHAPTER 12

The common room was a haven of warmth, the snowflakes tapping gently against the windowpanes

The common room was a haven of warmth, the snowflakes tapping gently against the windowpanes. You and Izana sat side by side, your coloring pencils moving across the paper with purpose. The other kids were scattered—some in their rooms, others playing outside—but you and Izana were engrossed in the creative world.

Izana leaned in, his eyes shining. "Y/n," he whispered, "let's form a gang."

You blinked, intrigued. "A gang? Like, with secret handshakes and cool jackets?"

Izana nodded vigorously. "Exactly! But not just any gang. Our gang will be called Tenjiku."

"Tenjiku?" You repeated, testing the name. "What's it all about?"

"It's our secret society," Izana explained, drawing a symbol on the corner of his coloring book. "We'll be the protectors of Japan."

Your curiosity piqued. "Protectors? How?"
Izana's pencil danced across the paper. "We'll keep the streets safe," he said. "From bullies, from unfair rules, from anything that threatens our friends."

You picked up a red pencil. "And our hideout?"
Izana sketched an abandoned warehouse, its windows broken but its walls sturdy. "Right here," he said. "Our base of operations. We'll have secret passages, a stash of snacks, and a wall covered in maps."

You grinned. "And our gang members?"
Izana drew stick figures with determination. "Brave souls," he declared. "Kids who believe in justice. We'll recruit them one by one."

As they colored, their gang took shape. Izana filled in the details—their motto ("For Friendship and Freedom") and their code of honor ("No one left behind").

"Y/n," Izana whispered, "we'll be legends."
Your heart raced. "And our first mission?"
Izana leaned closer. "To stop the cafeteria from serving soggy fries," he said. "Because no one deserves that."

You burst into laughter, and Izana joined in. Outside, the snow continued to fall, but inside, you and Izana ruled your imaginary kingdom, your friendship stronger than any castle walls.

"Y/n, you know the vision we share. Promise me, here and now, that you will stand by me as we build this legacy."

You met his gaze, your promise as solid as the ground beneath your feet. "I promise, Izana. I will stand by you, through every challenge and every victory. I will carry out your will and ensure that Tenjiku rises to the greatness it deserves."

With a nod of approval, Izana faced the room once more, his declaration ringing out with the force of a decree. "Then it is settled. I declare myself the Leader of Tenjiku, and Y/n shall be my vice leader. Together, we will carve a path for our gang, one that will lead us to the pinnacle of power and respect."

The world outside the orphanage window was a canvas of white, the snowflakes descending like delicate whispers from the heavens. Your eyes sparkled with the reflection of the winter's dance, and you turned to Izana, your voice tinged with the excitement of wonder. "Izana, let's go outside. The world is waiting for us to leave our mark."