Chapter 14

I haven't drank alcohol since then, but I know my alcohol tolerance is high. Besides, the alcohol in this place couldn't even be called alcohol. It was more correct to say it was carbonated water with fruity-flavored. There is also a separate drink for adults because young children also come here. So what I'm holding is just alcohol in the name.

I handed the empty glass to Ian and waited for him to leave it behind. But someone was approaching me. It was one of the young ladies who glanced at me earlier and talked about something. I didn't avoid her eyes as she came with a bright smile. She greeted me gently.

"Hello."

"Hello."

"I guess you're not enjoying the banquet. You are...?"

"My name is Blake Ariandel. My father runs a small shipping business and a few things in Shioke. That..."

Blake Ariandel had a characteristic of a slightly excited voice and deep eye smile. My gaze turned to the tip of her fan. At the tip of it, a family emblem was drawn in the shape of a long sword pierced through the shape of a lily. I rolled my brain. I immediately remembered her family, which must have been on one of the lists in the documents.

House of Marquis Chartero. Looking at her green hair, she must be the first daughter of Marquis Chartero, Juri del Chartero.

The Chartero family is a prestigious family that has produced many talented swordsmen in the Empire for a long time. And it was the family that had a large wine farm and even supplied them to the imperial family. In addition, the 24 years old Juri was the great treasure and the pride of the Marquis Chartero. I heard she's good at reading the flow, whether it's about character, funds, or people. Her personality, sociability, and appearance didn't lack too.

"...It's an honor to greet Lady Chartero for the first time."

"Oh my, was I that famous?"

She seemed happy that I recognized her at once. The fame of the family also resembled their power. In short, it's a great thing to be known by everyone.

I smiled more deeply.

"Who doesn't know your prestigious family? It's an honor for you to greet me like this."

"It's an honor for me. Ah, but if it's Shioke, it must be..."

Juri del Chartero's eyes sparkled with anticipation. I gladly help her to remember.
"My father will be very honored to put Shioke's mermaid pearls on your brooch."

At those words, there was a surprise on her face. Shioke's mermaid pearls are being sold to the nobles in the capital because they look like the scales of a mermaid. It's not easy to get a single pearl, just as difficult as picking a star because it's becoming a trend in fashion. Besides, she seemed quite pleased with what I said. She came a little closer to me, pointed where she came before and

"There are people over there who might suit Lady. Would you like to go with me?"

The ladies she pointed at were looking at me. I put on a slightly troubled expression.

"I'm not very eloquent."

"It's okay. If you're invited here, we must have something in common. Come on."

Juri del Chartero pulled me. I winked at the approaching Ian and followed her.

The young ladies were almost the same age or younger than me. They, who are the same age as me, talked about the upcoming coming-of-age-ceremony, and the younger ones would listen silently or ask questions. There was never a story about how to survive or do evil things like what I shared with my mother. Listening to their dreamy stories, I felt like a lump of mud that had been thrown into the clean water.