Chapter 27

In Riverrun, Edmure Tully learns of the Lannisters' actions as they raise a host at Casterly Rock. With Lord Hoster Tully ailing, Edmure takes charge, sending riders to demand Lord Tywin Lannister's intentions. Meanwhile, he initiates the raising of a host at Riverrun, preparing for potential conflict.

Understanding the gravity of the situation, Edmure directs Lords Vance of Wayfarer's Rest and Clement Piper of Pinkmaiden to guard the pass below the Golden Tooth, thwarting any attempts by Lannister armies to enter the riverlands.

Upon hearing news of Riverrun's mobilization, Tywin Lannister responds by dispatching Gregor Clegane to raid villages along the Red Fork, hoping to draw and disperse Edmure's forces. Additionally, Tywin sends Jaime Lannister with a formidable force of 30,000 strong to confront Riverrun's main army, intending to lay siege to the stronghold.

However, Tywin's plans do not unfold as anticipated. Tywin's cleverness and ruthlessness failed him this time.

While Gregor Clegane, along with his men, set out to raid villages along the Red Fork as commanded. As he led his men to raid villages along the Red Fork, Gregor's thirst for violence led him astray. In his bloodlust, he targeted a terrified 15-year-old girl, her family brutally slaughtered before her eyes.

Cornered against a stone wall, the girl trembled in fear as Gregor closed in, his intentions clear. Yet, from the shadows, a raven swooped down, its sudden attack catching Gregor off guard. The girl seized the opportunity to flee as the birds swarmed, thwarting Gregor's advance.

Enraged by the avian assault, Gregor lashed out wildly with his sword, cleaving through the air in a frenzy. But the ravens persisted, their relentless attacks driving him to the brink of madness. In his frantic struggle, a raven's beak found its mark, piercing Gregor's eye, sending him crashing to the ground in agony.

As the ravens continued their assault, Gregor's screams echoed through the air, drawing the attention of his men. Yet, amidst the chaos, a venomous serpent slithered unnoticed, coiling around Gregor's arm before sinking its fangs into his face.

Pain and panic engulfed Gregor as he battled against the dual onslaught of ravens and venom, his strength waning with each passing moment.

Amidst his screams of torment, a raven's head lodged in his mouth, choking him as he writhed in his final moments. When his men finally approached, they found only a lifeless corpse.

His men stood frozen in terror at the grisly sight before them: Gregor's lifeless body sprawled on the ground, a raven protruding from his mouth, its legs twitching in a futile attempt to escape. Surrounding them were scattered corpses of ravens.

Despite their disbelief, one of Gregor's men cautiously approached, hoping against hope that their leader still drew breath. But as his hand extended toward Gregor's body, the same venomous snake that had struck Gregor lashed out with deadly intent, forcing the man to retreat hastily. Others among Gregor's retinue drew their swords, striking at the serpent in a desperate bid to slay it.

With a swift stroke, the snake was cleaved in two, but the tension in the air remained palpable as the men struggled to comprehend the surreal scene unfolding before them. As more of Gregor's men gathered around, their expressions mirrored a mixture of shock, disbelief, and fear.

It was only a matter of time before yet another unexpected turn of events would further unsettle the already shaken company.

The men began to murmur, unable to comprehend what had just occurred. As they were distracted by Gregor's fate, something strange began to unfold around them. It wasn't until they heard the cries and shouts of the people around them that they realized the gravity of the situation. Fear gripped them, and they screamed in terror as the men and women they had mercilessly slain in the streets began to rise once more.

Some among them cried out, "Ghosts! They're ghosts!" The realization that the dead were returning to life, even in the broad daylight, sent shivers down their spines. Driven by fear, many of the men attempted to attack the resurrected corpses, but to no avail. Despite their efforts, the dead continued to rise, unaffected by even the most fatal blows.

The villagers were stunned by what was happening around them. They were certain that they had died; after their last breath, everything had faded into darkness. But they never imagined that a light would appear in that darkness, extending a hand towards them. They saw a figure with cross-pupiled eyes and antlers glowing with multicolor hues before waking up in their bodies, unharmed as if nothing had happened.

Realizing that they wouldn't die, the men rallied and attacked the raiders with renewed vigor. They felt stronger than before, engaging in battle with a newfound sense of power. Despite effort seeing no advantage, the Lannister men began to retreat, their minds in turmoil over what they were witnessing.

The villagers erupted in cheers and celebrations. Unintentionally, one of them exclaimed, "Hail to the Mighty God Xerneas," causing everyone to pause and contemplate. None of them knew how they knew this name; it was the same for all.

Then, someone mentioned something strange happening in a nearby field. Without hesitation, everyone rushed there. They found green-colored men with antlers on their heads performing a ritual dance. The burned field miraculously began to grow with life again, thanks to the mysterious green men.

Little did they know, Xerneas had sent these green men as his priests to conquer Westeros, similar to the Targaryens trying to reclaim the Iron Throne. The villagers watched in wonder and fear as nature responded to the mystical presence of the green men.

{

Hello everyone, the author here. Does anyone have an idea what the MC is planning to do next? Even the author doesn't have an idea. Give me some direction and spare some votes as a tribute to the MC to give us some clues. For more chapters, access my Patreon.

Link:patreon.com/AmouxCreationX

}