Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Bill swallowed and for a second, he felt like he was eleven years old again and in his parents' backyard, tearing into half cooked steaks with barely there fangs and slurping on mango smoothies. He swallowed again because he could swear on his life he could taste his favourite smoothie in the back of his throat.

The rest of his body came awake slowly and he groaned as he became aware of the pain in his face, stomach and ribs. Goddess, he felt like he'd been run over a million times by a freight train.

He blinked twice to clear his head, staring in confusion at the room he was in, trying to make sense of where he was and what had happened that made him ache so much. He was on a bed, that much was clear and from the looks of it, he was in an actual...bedroom? But where? The sound of muted music reached his ears and he took a wild guess that he was still in the bar, probably in one of the rooms. Wait – why would they even need rooms in a bar?

The images came back to him quickly – the gorgeous omega and then getting punched in the face by that huge ass alpha. He groaned again at his stupidity. What the fuck had he been thinking? At the time, it had felt like a fabulous idea – he felt bile rise in the back of his throat because he'd wanted it. He had wanted that alpha to beat the shit out of him for reasons he didn't understand.

What the fuck was wrong with him?

"Feeling better yet, sweetheart?"

Bill jumped in shock, groaning in pain as the movement made his bones ache, before turning his head to find out where the voice was coming from. He felt his heart race at the sight of the woman sitting on the left side of his bed.

The woman stood up from the chair she was currently sitting in, and Bill felt himself shrink a little helplessly into the sheets at the pure intimidation that seemed to ooze off of her very pores.

The lights in the bedroom were dimmed and it made the woman's sharp blue eyes positively glow in the darkness, her blood red hair and dark skin not helping at all to warm the look. She made her way over to the bed in the most elegant catwalk Bill has ever seen in his life, her white six inch heels glinting in the semi-darkness.

"Bill Anderson," she said warmly, placing both her hands on the bed and leaning over him as if she were about to kiss him.

Bill leaned even further away, his heart suddenly pounding. "Do I know you?"

She chuckled. "No. But I know you. And that bullshit you pulled tonight doesn't happen, ever again. You bring a bad name to my establishment and I will fucking end you. Do you understand me, officer?"

Bill struggled to sit up, fury hitting him from nowhere when he suddenly realized that the gorgeous woman speaking to him was an omega.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" he growled, barely hiding his wince at the effort it took to sit up so quickly.

Their faces were so close together they were practically exchanging breaths.

The woman had the audacity to laugh, not the least bit intimidated by him and she suddenly reminded Bill so much of Dallas Crane that the alpha wanted to smash his skull into her disgusting, pretty, smug-looking face.

"I've heard of you, Bill Anderson, all bark but no fucking bite. This is going to be your last warning. I really don't want to ban you from coming here again, officer."