Two

Just Omegas • Two

{Jenga's Point of View}

Smack.

Another hit after another with my dads favorite stick. It was silver which was perfect for werewolves. Not.

I doubled over onto my knees and grabbed my stomach as my father spat more words at me, "You're a worthless piece of shit! Why can't you be more like your sister?" He yelled and then hit me again on the spine.

I cried out in pain at the blow waved through my whole body. I already had headache and and bruises covered my body. My lip was bleeding and swollen.

"I told you that if you told you're mother about this I would rip out you're vocal cords. Even though you told her, she still doesn't believe you. Just like the boy who cried wolf." He hit again in the back of the neck.

My body fell numb, I couldn't feel anything. Before passing out, my father grabbed me by my auburn hair and whispered into my ear, "It's official. You will no longer be the future Alpha of this pack. I'll hand it over to your sister." And that's when everything went black.

When I woke up, I though I was dreaming. I could barely see. I couldn't speak. Then that's when I realized that I wasn't dreaming.

"Oh good, you're awake." A female voice said softly. "I'm glad." She said before whispering 'I'm sorry'

"For what?" I tried saying but nothing came out and my throat burned.

"You're father had ripped out your vocal cords with silver knives, so they won't heal at all. Also when he hit the back of you're neck he damaged your sight nerve. So you wont be able to see out of the left eye or talk for the rest of you're life."

I was shocked. I touched my throat and felt a large patch over one part of my neck. I won't be able to see or speak ever again.

I started to cry. At least I though I was. I heard no sobs, but I felt my eyes sting and tears roll down my cheek.

"We're going to leave you in the ICU for another week or two before you can get out of here. We'll help you so you'll be able to communicate easier with others." I nodded slowly and whipped my face real fast.

"Your father told me to tell you that you are no longer the future Alpha as well." And with that she left.

I sat there for a few minutes processing everything before ripping out the ivy in my arm and the finger pulse. I stood up and nearly fell, though I couldn't just wait.

'Let me take it from here.' My wolf told me. 'I'll try my best to get us out of here.'

'Alright, just please lets get out of here and never come back.'  With that I shifted and let my wolf lead us out of here.

I noticed immediately that our sense had hyphened. A whole bunch of scents led us out along with my single eye. My wolf ran down the stairs avoiding and dodging everyone who was in the main hall. I did trip up a few times finding my way out of the house.

A few more moments and I would be outside. I could smell it.

And after that I was free. I was a rouge, but I was free. My wolf silently howled. The scars and wounds healed in the next week. Though a nasty scar was left on my neck. The bruises and pains disappeared.

I trotted into the next territory, at least I thought. I smelled their territory border. But as soon as I crossed that border I was greeted by growls and smells of other wolves. The first I ran into.

How am I suppose to communicate to them?

I did the only thing, surrender. I dipped my head and ears tucking my tail between my legs.

By now they must have noticed I was blind in one eye because two wolves brushed up against me on both sides to guide me. It felt like an hour maybe of walking till we got to a small room with the smell of freshly baked food and other smells.

"Shift." A voice said placing clean clothes in front of me. With what sight I had, I noted that they were casual gym shorts and a tank top.

So I shifted and put on the clothes. I had difficulty putting them on alone, but I got the hang of it. After I put my clothes on a lady greeted me.

"Hello, I've been told to examine you before meeting the Alpha." I gave a short nod. "So you're blind in one eye?" Another nod. "Why aren't you speaking, there's no need to be ner-" Her thumb ran over my neck.

"Your vocal cords. They were removed. Why? Oh yes sorry." I looked down sadly at my lap. I never liked receiving pity from others.

"Don't worry we'll see what we can do about all of this." She patted my shoulder. " Now how about we see the Alpha?" Again a nod.

The woman led me up a flight of stairs to a large room. It was decorated nicely and in front of me was a large leather chair. The back was facing me until it turned. A man with a scruff beard sat present. His hair was curly dark brown and green eyes than gave him a mountain man vibe.

"So I have been informed that you are blind in a single eye and you cannot speak." The man said rather sophisticated, though I simply nodded.

"My name it Maxwell Alpha of this pack. You seem like a nice man, so I plan to take you in, we will teach you sign language and perhaps eye coordination." I smile plastered my face. How could they be so generous?

I couldn't put my finger on what gave me suspicion, but the man yanked me out of my thoughts. "I will not take no for an answer.

So I said yes, an then I was again in a pack.

It had been a while, didn't try counting, but since then I was sent to school for senior year and nights I would stand guard on the outer border. It was only a few hours so I could get use to the system then someone else would take over an I would go home.

It was a nice Saturday and a few friends from school had invited me to go to the shopping plaza.

I met up with the guys and went around. At the moment I was still contemplating my sexuality. Most of the guys were hitting on near by girls, but I found myself swinging for the other team.

I just so happened to be walking today and felt a jolt of happiness spring up from no where. My wolf was howling, and then I knew. As almost if the moon goddess turned my head I met eyes with a guy. He had blonde hair and gleaming gold eyes. I bit my lip hoping he had seen me. Who am I kidding he saw me.

My heart fluttered, but he didn't seem to bother standing up. So I took matters into my own hands. I signed to the guys I would be heading my own way and walked over to him. Just being next to him made my stomach do flips.

I sat there awkwardly not knowing what to do. But I was happy to find my mate.