Chapter 1 Part 2

Looking around for a moment, Lana realized she didn't know what the couple that was set to pick her up looked like. Several people walked quickly toward her smiling, only to walk past to hug someone else. Most of the passengers made their way in different directions. She turned back to look out the windows.

The morning looked beautiful. That's when her gaze caught the reflection of a gorgeous man standing there. He was probably waiting on one of the other passengers, but wouldn't it be nice if he was looking for her. Lana couldn't be that lucky, and of course she was waiting on an older couple. Maybe he was the man from her dream. Lana smiled thinking about her crazy dream.

Then a tap on her shoulder made Lana jump, realizing the man from the reflection was looking at her. God was having a really good day when he made this man. They stood staring at one another for a moment before the man spoke.

"Are you Lana?" His gaze held anger and impatience, but why? How could he be angry with her already?

"Yes, and you are?" For some reason Lana didn't like his tone and it showed in her voice.

"I'm Romeo, your ride," reaching down and snatching her overnight bag from the floor. "Do you have luggage to pick up?"

"Romeo, is your name really Romeo?" Maybe it was the long flight, but his name struck her as funny.

"Look lady, my name is Romeo and I'm here to take you to the farm. Once again, do you have luggage to pick up?"

"You don't have to be so rude, but yes I have luggage to pick up." Lana looked up at the signs overhead and started in the direction of the luggage. This man was some piece of work, a gorgeous piece, but a rude one.

Romeo followed her in silence, watching her walking hurriedly in the wrong direction, but he wasn't about to say anything. When she reached the end of the terminal he just waited. Looking around in confusion, she turned back around. "Where's the luggage carousel? That sign plainly pointed this way."

"Just follow me or we'll be here all day and I have work to do." Romeo turned and didn't wait to see if Lana followed him. Knowing she meant trouble for their livelihood, it infuriated him to have to pick her up from the airport. If this woman was here to change things he'd have a lot to say about it.

Lana was glad she'd worn tennis shoes since they hurried in the other direction. It only took a few minutes to arrive at the luggage carousel. Stepping up to the side of the carousel, watching for two large bags and reaching out over the top of the other bags almost falling into the moving luggage to grab them. Romeo grabbed her around the waist just before she tumbled in. "Clumsy woman." he grumbled.

"Thank you but I've got this." She spun around realizing they were a little too close for comfort. Looking up into dark eyes, she pushed at his chest. "You can let go of me now."

Romeo let go as if something had burned him. Reaching across he grabbed the first bag. Then pointing at the other one, he snatched it up. Putting one under his arm, then holding the other one by the handle, Romeo started out the door. Lana followed behind scowling at his back. For a man that looked so pleasing to the eyes, Romeo sure was grumpy.

Lana followed him out to a truck parked by the curb and watched as he unceremoniously threw her luggage into the back with a loud thud. "Do you mind being a little more careful?" They glared at one another across the back of the truck.

"Look lady, I don't have time to be careful. If you want I'll carry them back inside and put you on the next plane back to where you came from." Romeo cocked his brow, daring her to push him. Please give me a reason, he thought, glaring at her.