Chapter Two Bad First Impressions

Edited

"He's my dog." I replied to the curly haired boy. He immediately released Hurricane when I claimed him; Hurricane came and stood beside me. I stood there awkwardly as I waited for the boy to introduce himself to us. After a minute of waiting for the boy to talk, I rolled my eyes I was never the one to wait patiently. 

I stuck my hand out, "I'm Kendall."

He smiled as he took my hand in his. "Hey Kendall," My eyebrows rose when he flipped my hand over in his. Reaching in his pocket he pulled out a pen and began to write on my hand. "It was really nice to meet you." He flashed me a grin as he ruffled my brown hair.

My eyes went wide as I looked down at my hand. There, written in unique cursive writing, was what I'm guessing was his name.  I looked down at my hand again to make sure I was seeing what I thought I saw. My fist clenched at my sides as I tried to calm myself down but I knew the only thing that would make that happen.

"Ken, don't do it." I could hear Chaire's voice in the background as I pushed my way towards the jerk. 

"Good luck trying to stop her." Liv chimed in when I reached the boy.

"Hey, Harry," I called out his name. Before I knew what had happened he was holding his jaw while he was laying on the ground. His emerald eyes shone with so much anger, it could have intimidated the right person, but not me. I smirked as he jumped off the ground and waited for his response.

"What the hell was that for?" He yelled as he rubbed his jaw. I would have felt bad for him but his name was still on my hand and it was pissing me off.

I held my hand up and pointed to it with my other hand. "That was for this." I replied.

He mumbled something along the lines of 'crazy' but that just enraged me even more. My fist had a mind of its own as it rose and attempted to strike the boy again. 

"Blake."

I groaned when my twin brother, Andrew, caught my fist. "What did I tell you about not being so violent towards people?" He asked, with a smirk. I didn't even have to turn around to know it was him. He is the only one that calls me Blake and he was the only one brave enough to stop me. 

I rolled my eyes, "You told me not to hit them unless they deserved it. But believe me he deserved it." I replied. Andrew looked at me and shook his head. He knew that no matter what he said, I'd still just do what I wanted.

I hadn't noticed that four more boys were watching the scene unfold. Strangely one of them caught my eye. His blue eyes were staring straight at me, a goofy grin plastered on his face; he was the only one laughing at his friend's bad luck.

I sent a smirk his way and a middle finger as well. He frowned. I shook my head as I turned back to see what Andrew was doing.

Most of the town’s adults had gone back to what they were doing. But a few teens and kids were still curious about the visitors. I, on the other hand, only stayed because of Liv and Chaire. Chaire had her eyes on one of the boys who had black hair with a blonde streak in the middle. I'll admit he was cute.

"You didn't have to hit him." Chaire said as she came back with a bag of ice. Harry mumbled a ‘thank you’ to her. She returned it with a smile. She was too nice for her own good. If that were me, I would have let his face swell up. He deserved it. 

"But it was fun to watch." Liv said as she looked at us. I nodded my head in agreement. Just then a blush made its way on Liv's face. My eyebrows rose, but I quickly understood when I saw Jacob walking toward us. 

His shirt was draped over his shoulder as he and Liv's brother, Trent, joined us. "Didn't want to believe me, did you Liv?" He asked Liv in a teasing way. Her face got redder as he teased her. They should seriously just get together already. 

"So we were planning to go fishing, you girls want to come along?" Trent asked. His blue eyes were mainly focused on his sister. Liv smiled and nodded. 

"It will take some time to fix the bus." I heard Andrew say and immediately tuned into that conversation. He was explaining something about some parts for the engine…so basically I had no clue what he was talking about.

However, the tall man seems to understand him. He smiled grimly at my brother before walking over towards the five boys. It looked like he was giving them some bad news. Harry was taking it the worst out of them all. He saw me looking at him and narrowed his eyes. I pointed to the bag of ice he was holding and smirked.

"Blake, come here for a minute." Andrew called me over. From the look he was giving me I knew I wasn't going to like what he had to say.

"Look, they're going to need a place to stay for a while." 

"The barns a nice place, it'd be like home for them." I sneered. Andrew rolled his mocha-brown eyes at me.

"Blake, you are being unreasonable," he whispered as he pulled me closer to him. I guess he didn't want them to overhear our conversation. But I didn't care if they did; I didn't want complete strangers living in my house, it would just be uncomfortable.

I shrugged as I crossed my arms over my chest. "I like being unreasonable."  I retorted, giving him a cheeky grin. Sparing a glance towards my friends, I noticed they were all watching us. I couldn't blame them; watching me and my brother argue was entertaining.

"They are staying at the house, and that's final." He said and turned his back on me. I debated on tackling him but decided against him because he was a sneaky fighter. I followed behind him as he walked over to the group of strangers. 

They could have been serial killers for all we knew. The blue eyed boy had his eyes trained on me as I stood next to my brother. I narrowed my eyes at the boy and he suddenly found something better to look at.

"Given your situation, me and my sister decided to offer you a place to stay." Andrew announced.

"I had nothing to do with this decision." I interrupted Andrew. He shot me a look that said be quiet. I smirked at him in return and shrugged.

The boys huddled in a circle the tall man was standing in the center of the circle.

"Ken, we will catch you later. We’re gonna to go fishing with the guys." Chaire said as she threw her arm around Trent's shoulder. I waved goodbye to them as they walked off.

"Blake you're going to be nice." I didn't know if he was asking me or telling me. "Kendall Carson Blaze," I froze. Whenever he called me my full name it meant he was serious. 

Sighing I sent him an innocent smile. "I’ll be nice." I lied. He looked at me for a moment before shaking his head. If he thought I'd be nice to a bunch of arrogant strangers, then he'd better think again.

"The boys will take you up on that offer." The man spoke up, "I'm Paul by the way." He stuck his hand out to shake Andrews'.

"Andrew." Andrew introduced himself as he took Paul's hand. 

Paul stretched his hand out for me to shake; he pulled it back when he noticed I wasn't going to do anything of the sort. I could feel Andrew's eyes on me and my nails started to look very interesting for some reason.

"Well Paul, you and I can go take a better look at the bus. In the meantime, Blake can take the boys to the house." Andrew proposed. Funny, I don't remember volunteering for that.

"I'm not doing it." I whispered to Andrew.

"Are to,"

"Are not,"

"Are not,"

"Are t-you're so not going to get me with that." I smirked as he chuckled at his own lame attempt. Suddenly a smile broke out on his face, and then he pouted his bottom lip. 

My eyes widened, he was so not about to do what I thought he was. His mocha brown eyes got all glossy and big. The puppy dog face it was my only weakness. How dare he; I'm the one who taught him that and now he was using it against me.

"Andrew, you know that's not fair." I said through clenched teeth. "I'm not going to give in," I didn't think it was possible but his eyes got bigger.

"Fine, I'll do it just stop with the face."

He smiled, "Thanks Blake." Andrew ruffled my hair and I watched as he walked away with Paul. If he wasn't my brother I'd seriously hurt him.

The blue eyed boy with the goofy grin walked up to me. "So Blake-"

"Don't call me Blake; only my brother can call me that." I snapped while pointing my finger in his face. "The name is Kendall." 

He nodded his head slowly. "I'm Louis." 

I rolled my eyes. "Get your bags and follow me.”

It didn't take long for us to reach the house. The boys were talking in hushed tones as they walked behind me. I had a feeling that they were probably talking about me but I didn't really care if they were. I sighed lowly when I reached the two story house. Did it look like a hotel to my brother? It must have, because Trent was already staying with us.

Truthfully I didn't mind that my best friend’s brother was living with us. He was like an older brother to Andrew and I; he had looked after us after our parents left. So why not return the favor and give him a place to stay when his parents kicked him out.

I walked the boys through the house and pointed out where everything important was, like the bathroom and the kitchen. I stopped when I came across a door that was neatly painted in numerous designs that varied from cartoons to real looking people.

I pointed directly at this door. "If you guys go through that door you’re dead, got it?" I threatened. They all nodded their heads at the same time. It seemed like they understood but I still had a feeling that one of them would be foolish enough to go in my room, and then I'd just have to hurt them.

Stopping at what used to be my parents room, I pushed open the door. One big king-sized bed sat at the end of it and a bathroom was connected to the room. The bed could fit about three of them; lucky for them we had a guest room with two beds this size. We never used the guestroom anyway.

"Is this where we're going to be sleeping?" A blonde boy asked. 

"No, this is where Paul's going to be sleeping; you guys get the guestroom which has two beds." I replied, and pointed to the door at the end of the hallway. Turning on my heel I walked to my room and opened the door. Hurricane ran in before me but before I could close the door and escape them, one of the boys yelled my name.

I groaned as I stuck my head out the hallway, “What is it?" I asked as politely as I could. A boy with chocolate brown eyes stared at me. 

"Uh what if we need anything?" He questioned.

"That's a good question," I responded with a smile on my face. He smiled back at me, but I could tell that it was forced. "If you need anything, anything at all," I paused as I looked at him and the boys standing behind him.  

The smile quickly dropped from my face, “Don’t even bother to ask me." I answered as I slammed and locked my room door.