Chapter-15

Chapter-15

Celestine Allen Michelson's POV

"Need help?", I asked Annie while entering the kitchen. She is making the dinner tonight. We came back from shopping two hours ago and I went straight to the room to take some rest. I woke up and bathed again. I changed my dress and came down to find her in kitchen making dinner.

"Yes. I really need a hand here", she said smiling and I went to her returning the smile.

"So, what do you want me to do?".

"Can you please chop the vegetables that I put there?".

"Oh okay", I agreed and got to work.

"Thank you".

"No mention Annie".

I got to work and tied a dark blue apron around me. I started chopping vegetables and helped Annie with other things, but Peter called her.

"Annie, Honey!", he called from up stairs.

"Coming Peter!", she shouted back.

She took off her apron and turned to me.

"Can you please mix the batter? I will come fast", she asked.

"Of course. In fact, you don't need to come down. I will manage all this. It's not like I am cooking for the first time right", I joked and she smiled.

"Yeah. Thank you once again", she said and left upstairs.

I turned to the work and mixed the batter. I soon started cooking the curry. Whenever I cook I just forget everything. I was stirring the contents in the pan.

"Mom have you seen Celes-", Heath was about to ask coming into the kitchen, but then stopped when he saw me. "....tine", he completed.

"Hey!", I gave him a tight lipped smile, which is not even a smile.

"Hey!", he said back coming into the kitchen.

There was an awkward silence between us. I didn't even look at him, but just continued with my cooking. Once in a while I would peak at him. He is just staring at me. Does it have to be this awkward?

"So.... Um.... How was your day?", he asked and my mind went back to what Annie said about him. I just shook those thoughts away.

"Good. I get to spend time with Annie after many days", I responded a little long not wanting to be rude.

"Oh. Mine was not bad", he said and I just nodded at him, turning back to the pan. Memories flodded again.

I looked at the clock and it's already seven in the night. I am waiting for him in the living room. Just then I heard his car pull over. I went and opened the door for him. There he stood. My heart always picks it's rate whenever I see him.

He didn't even glance at me. He just went past me and to our room typing something on the phone. I followed him as he walked to our room.

"Hey!", I greeted. He didn't even look up.

"Hey", is his answer.

"So, how was your day?", I asked enthusiastically, standing in front of him, trying to grab his attention from phone. But it didn't work.

"Good", his short answer. Don't loose hope Celestine. He is just tired and that's why he is talking like this. It's not something new right?

"That's it? What did you have for lunch? You know, since you didn't come for lunch and oh.... the meeting! How did it go?", I asked him with a smile sitting down beside him, very close to him as he sat on the sofa in the room. It feels so good to sit this close to him. He sighed and looked up from the phone. He turned to me with a clenched jaw.